Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Star Trek: Discovery

Watched the first today – certainly warmed to it, graphics as expected were very good, music on occasions a little dominating, may take time to grow accustom to the new characters.

Fuji_Abound wrote:

may take time to grow accustom to the new characters.

Whenever I see the main actress, I expect zombies to appear in the scene…

I have never watched Star Trek, too young (seriously ) When I was young we had one single channel on the TV, and no star trek, no CD/DVD, not even tape.

But, I started watching the new series, and it’s a blast. Finally something sci-fi worth watching after SG and Battlestar

One super cool, but utterly useless feature: In Norway we use subtitles for all foreign language tv/film. On this series on Netflix we can chose between, Norwegian, English and -- Klingon

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Just watched the 3 episodes this weekend. Not bad at all.

Can also recommend “The Expanse” also on Netflix.

EKRK, Denmark

StarTrek? What’s that? Some or other telly thingy, probably, or movies. Who cares? Go flying!

On five days out of the last seven days I went flying (including today). Is it OK if I take a break now and watch the latest episode?

EDDS - Stuttgart

You made me subscribe to Netflix … But I think the € 10/month are a far deal. (I’d also like to watch the later episodes of “House of Cards”, another favourite of mine.)

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

StarTrek? What’s that? Some or other telly thingy, probably, or movies. Who cares? Go flying!

Really Jan? It is not like flying is the only inspirational thing one can do in your spare time

I am primarily a StarWars fan (the forum handle is a hint for the initiated ) but married a trekkie and had seen all of the ST movies as well as some original series episodes even before that marriage. My wife made me watch the entire Enterprise series and we’re about halfway through Voyager.

We’ll definitely have a shot at Discovery at some point but with two little kids and no spare time to speak of the required Netflix account is not worth it at the moment. Heck, I have not even been flying for three months now…:(

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Th whole instant transport system and navigator revealed in episode 4 is stolen in its entirety directly from Dune!

strip near EGGW

How nice to see how many here are Star Trek aficionados!

I haven’t had time to watch Discovery, but will rejoin Netflix for it after a pause of several months. I began watching TNG as a teenager, then saw all of Voyager and DS9. I also watched Enterprise and liked it (sometimes seems like I’m the only person on Earth who did that).

achimha wrote:

Whenever I see the main actress, I expect zombies to appear in the scene…

Hehe. Yes.

´*snarling*
Last Edited by Patrick at 09 Oct 22:56
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

It was TNG for me too. Now watching Discovery.

LPFR, Poland
Sign in to add your message