Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Social gathering in western Germany June 29?

I will try for saturday

so Hangelaar it is?

Hangelar is where I'll be Saturday morning, watching for pilots who don't look like they belong.... (like me!)

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Don't forget that for IFR operations into/out of EDDK, you need a slot! There are two easy ways to get a slot:

1) File the flight plan via German AIS. You have to create a login but it's free. In your flight plan, put RMK/REQ ASL and they will obtain a slot and put it in your flight plan.

2) Before filing, give them a call at +49 69 78072500 and ask for a slot. They will give you a number which you put in your flight plan as RMK/ASLxxxxxxxxxx.

Pilot Dar

do you have a contact nr ?

Before filing, give them a call at +49 69 78072500 and ask for a slot. They will give you a number which you put in your flight plan as RMK/ASLxxxxxxxxxx.

Curious... I phoned the GA department and they said they needed 24hrs prior notice. So I asked them how much notice they actually need (due to variable wx) and they said 3hrs. No slot was mentioned.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Oh, my mistake. EDDK is not (no longer?) in the list of coordinated airports. I guess that is because even though EDDK is very large, it is nowhere near its capacity whereas e.g. EDDS is at its max capacity.

I can be phoned or SMS texted at: (Canada) 1 705 330 5315. SMS texts are free for me to receive. However, I have limited low cost talk and SMS send, so I will keep those brief if possible. But, I DO have the service so I can communicate, so if necessary, feel free!

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

EDDK TAF:

EDDK 280500Z 2806/2912 16005KT 9999 BKN030 TEMPO 2806/2810 RA BKN014 BECMG 2808/2810 24007KT TEMPO 2821/2912 4000 RADZ BR BKN012 BECMG 2909/2912 31010KT

Marginal for VFR I suppose.

The GRAMET plots look good for IFR EGKA-EDDK Sat & Sun.

Administrator

Must be a very recent change at EDDK. Needed a slot a few months ago - you could of course get any slot you wanted so doing away with them makes sense.

EGTK Oxford

EDDK certainly seems to have cornered the market for SIDs and STARs. My printer crashed halfway, taking the PC down with it. A pity there is no way to screenshot a blue screen.

I assume they don't have radar...

Administrator
Sign in to add your message