Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

The C172 is likely pre-1968 given that it has a (in this case Rolls Royce produced) Continental engine that was discontinued for most 172s starting in 1968. It could also be a French Reims-built 172, these had Rolls Royce produced Continentals up into the 70s. So 50 or more years old is about correct. The font strikes me as 1960s style.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 15 Dec 16:35

Yes, and the Jackie Kennedy dress too

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And one could walk underneath a 172’s wing back then 😅

always learning
LO__, Austria

“Adults – £1” might be more than 50 years ago.
In 1964 when I did my PPL at Thruxton there was a DH Rapide, female pilot, husband Engineer, based there which spent the day giving flights off some South Coast beach. I don’t know their cost.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

This is the first crossword I have been able to complete in my life!

Administrator

Three pilots died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the pearly gates.‘In honor of this holy season’ Saint Peter said, ‘You must each possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven.’

The Air Force pilot fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter.. He flicked it on. ’It’s a candle’, he said. ‘It did make light; you may pass through the pearly gates’ Saint Peter said.

The Army pilot reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. He shook them and said, ’They’re bells.’ Saint Peter said, ‘they had a ring to them, you may pass through the pearly gates’.

The Naval Aviator started searching desperately through his pockets and finally pulled out a pair of women’s panties. St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked, ‘And just what do those symbolize?’ ….the Naval Aviator replied, ‘These are Carol’s.’

Perhaps the last one should be a PPL instructor

Administrator

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Another vintage… a handkerchief from 1960s Czechoslovakia

Administrator

I barely escaped Twitter today…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland