Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Helsingborg, Sweden, any information?

Sounds great!

Btw they have beds in the clubhouse at Sturup. 100kr (~11 Euro) per night and bed :)

Jonas

ESOW Västerås, Sweden

Thanks a lot, now that sounds good!

I was only in Sweden once, with my Warrior in 1999. I landed in Höganäs, without knowing anyone there, and was greeted like an old friend! I got the key to the clubhouse and a room there, and a little later the club’s president (in only remember that he had a C-185 on floats) came and gave me they keys to his car and invited me to dinner for the next evening. I wonder why I didn’t go back earlier … but it was great. Ok. it was raining for ten days and most of my flying through Sweden was below 1000 feet in the rain ;-) But it was a lot of fun …

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 21 Jan 20:55

I read on (Malmö) Sturup flightclubs webpage that there are hangar space for visiting airplanes.

There is also a parking spot outside (for free) that I have used in the past. Contact them if you decide to fly to Malmö:

http://sturupflygklubb.se/?page_id=46

Jonas

Last Edited by Jonas at 21 Jan 19:04
ESOW Västerås, Sweden

Thank, you Peter. I’ve been to Malmo too, but it was in 1999… so probaby a lot has changed. Will read your report.

FWIW, my report on Malmo ESMS is here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

ESTL, Ljungbyhed
My home airport. The airport is open but the tower is closed and is not scheduled to open until April.

AERODROME CONTROL TOWER (TWR) HOURS OF OPS/SERVICE 14DEC15 – 03APR16
CLSD

When the tower is closed you can request PPR from the flying club (or contact me and I’ll help out) so that someone is at the airport to let you out the gate. (I’ll be happy to help out if I am available.) And we would also have to help with ground transportation. We have the fuels 100LL and Hjelmco 91/96. Cash payment. There are no landing fees nor any other fees. Unfortunately there might not be any hangar space available.
When the tower is closed you cannot legally land IFR at the airport. But you can file IFR to the airport at all times and ATS do not mind getting incoming IFR traffic. (You can depart IFR from all types of airports in Sweden)

ESMS, Landskrona
The flyging club had recently their club house and one hangar burnt down by an arsonist. Therefore there is currently no fuel available and the landing lights are INOP.
NOTAMS for ESMS in place until 10 february

1) TWY EDGE LIGHTS OUT OF SERVICE
2) FUEL NOT AVBL
3) RWY 12R/30L AND 12L/30R EDGE LIGHTS OUT OF SERVICE

ESMS, Malmö Sturup
The airport and tower is open H24. Rental cars available.
Take off charge is 250 SEK.
Minimum parking fee is 155 SEK. (I’m not really sure how the parking fee is calculated. It could be that the 155SEK minum fee includes parking for 4 days.)
Swedavia Airport Charges
For the delux experience you could contact the FBO MTS Avation. http://www.mtsaviation.se/ They should have hangar space available. The owners are German speaking. Do give them a call. I do not think that they are of the rip-off kind of FBO/handling company.

ESTA, Ängelholm
The tower has good opening hours on week days and on Sundays. On Saturdays the tower is usually open from morning to mid-day. Check NOTAMs. When the tower is closed visiting aircraft are not allowed to take-off or land.
Document describing charges
Take off charge 250 SEK. Parking at Ängelhom seems to be much more expensive than Malmö. Ängelholm parking minimum daily rate 250 SEK.

ESTL

Thanks a lot, Jesse. I have no date yet for that trip (my wife wants to visit some old friends), but I’m pretty tempted to fly to Malmoe and rent a car .. but I’ll check all other options too.

@Anders on this forum is flying from Ljunbyhed he might be able to give you some advice as well.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

There is a bus service from ESTA to Helsingborg

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Thank you, very helpful. Now i have some options.

14 Posts
Sign in to add your message