Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ideal flying club flight line

boscomantico wrote:

Maybe in some rural parts of Sweden or France you find rates which are a bit lower, but not by all that much.

Piper Archer
Annemasse, FR: €222.55 / hr
Sjöbo, SE: €128.11 / hr wet
57% of the FR price.

Piper Arrow
Annemasse, FR: €271.42 / hr
Local School, SE: €163.00 / hr wet
60% of the FR price.

I don’t see any C172s, but you can get an S model with G1000 for €135.23 / hr wet around here.

I would redefine “not by all that much”. With those prices, I would have given up flying a long time ago.

Last Edited by Dimme at 11 May 12:57
ESME, ESMS

Is there a wet/dry disparity at play here, where people aren’t comparing like with like?

EIMH, Ireland

All prices are wet (gigitty). Unless the French ones are not, in which case it’s even more insane.

Last Edited by Dimme at 11 May 13:01
ESME, ESMS

€135 for a C172s wet is amazingly cheap!

EIMH, Ireland

boscomantico wrote:

Maybe in some rural parts of Sweden or France you find rates which are a bit lower, but not by all that much.

My club is located in Sweden’s fourth largest city. Hardly rural even it is true that the airport itself is located some 6 km from the nearest urban areas.

Anyway, we have the same price for all four-seaters (C172s and PA28s) of ≈€160, wet, airborne time. This includes a G1000 equipped C172S, a PA28 Warrior II with GTN650Xi, G5 and autopilot and a C172R with GTN650 and autopilot. €160 is a moderately high price in Sweden and still only marginally higher than the cheapest aircraft in Annemasse (at €153.50).

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

zuutroy wrote:

€135 for a C172s wet is amazingly cheap!

Isn’t it 50l/hr. @85% best power? That would be 128,5 EUR /hr for avgas alone at my homebase …

Germany

What engine do you have? 35 litres per hour for ~65% at GA altitudes. That’s ~€76 / hr with local avgas prices.

ESME, ESMS

I understand for a “IFR touring club”, what matter is also is flexibility to take an aircraft away and bring it when you like (it’s ok if plenty of other IFR aircrafts are available)

I am sure a nice IFR Archer3 at 220€/h is a good deal if you take for two weeks on 2000nm and fly 10h? it’s far better than 130€/h aeroclub VFR C172 where one needs to take it 3h/day to match it’s heavy training use? or book it on windy days with 30kts winds when the average PPL & FI & wife don’t fly?

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 May 13:52
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The C172S G1000 is perfectly IFR capable and you may take it away as long as you want. Training is done on the Piper.

Last Edited by Dimme at 11 May 13:53
ESME, ESMS
Sign in to add your message