Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ideal flying club flight line

zuutroy wrote:

€135 for a C172s wet is amazingly cheap!

For a club about normal, actually rather a bit high, in my part of the world. An FBO would perhaps be a bit higher. Our C172S is $116 wet, but we are an equity club with monthly dues, so not directly comparable. To my mind these Annemasse rates are insane. Then again, apparently they need 17 employees (!!) to run the show. Crazy.

Here you would be looking at ~€180 for a 172p with basic King fitout, plus subscription. €220 straight rental from flight school for a 10000 hour 172.

EIMH, Ireland

Dimme wrote:

The C172S G1000 is perfectly IFR capable and you may take it away as long as you want. Training is done on the Piper.

Let’s not make it PA28 vs C172, I have flown in both on long trip and still not sure which one is best

But let’s compare an Archer3 at 220E/h available whole day with min 1h/day vs PA28-140 at 140E/h that is never available or min 3h/day? which one would be interesting for IFR touring?

In one place where I rented, NFW you can take C152 (PPL) & Arrow (CPL) & DA42 (MEP/MEIR) on 7 days trip, not even question of money or hours, they are “personal” belonging of few instructors, you can have T67M & PA18 & C182 for whole month if you wish !

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 May 14:11
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Dimme wrote:

What engine do you have? 35 litres per hour for ~65% at GA altitudes. That’s ~€76 / hr with local avgas prices.

The actual average fuel consumption of our four-seaters is 31-32 litres/hour. That’s about €68/hr with our local avgas prices (Hjelmco AVGAS 91/96UL). Oddly enough, the various engine power ratings (140, 160, 180 hp) seem to matter very little.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Oddly enough, the various engine power ratings (140, 160, 180 hp) seem to matter very little.

Over the years I’ve noticed the same thing. All these 4×4s (4-seats / 4 cylinders) seem to run on about 9 USG / hr.

Rental in Sweden seems amazingly cheap
What would a DA42 or a Seneca 5 cost? Also what are the club joining and subscription fees?

France

Dimme wrote:

What engine do you have? 35 litres per hour for ~65% at GA altitudes.

Who is running a wet rental plane at 65% power and LOP?

Germany

Malibuflyer wrote:

Anybody in a non-turbo at 8000 ft… except maybe for being leaned to roughness versus LOP.

Malibuflyer wrote:

Why LOP? The 180 hp Cessna 172S consumes 34 l/h at 65% and 50° ROP, which strangely enough is the “recommended lean mixture.”

And apparently the members of my club run the aircraft at that or lower power as 32 l/h is the actual average fuel consumption and has remained so for many years.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

And apparently the members of my club run the aircraft at that or lower power as 32 l/h is the actual average fuel consumption and has remained so for many years.

Which times are used for the fuel consumption calculation? If block times (or airborne plus some X mins) then the consumption figure will be pulled down by ground/warm-up/taxi time being included in the calcs?

EGLM & EGTN
Sign in to add your message