Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus CSIP Training, does it bring you something ?

Reminds me of the old saw that the first one thousand hours on type are the hardest :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Just curious, how many people in your club have that to skip doing CSIP? most people I know to have that are SR22 owners already…

Correct! One – he co-owns an SR22.

Snoopy wrote:

Non instructors can’t even do a CSIP course, so this insurance requirement is ridiculous.

I should have been clearer: in lieu of the 100 hrs make and model, they also accept completion of a course given by a CSIP, minimum 5 hours (surprisingly lenient in view of the other requirements). Btw, you can do this here for around $ 350 / hour.

RobertL18C wrote:

Reminds me of the old saw that the first one thousand hours on type are the hardest :)

I would rather spend those with a crop duster, ags chemicals seems to cure all bad flying habits

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

172driver wrote:

Btw, you can do this here for around $ 350 / hour.

1750 for a differences training.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy
I’m really sorry. I just did the transition training to SR20. Then I’m not a Cirrus’s Instructor.
The point is that thinking about all the money wasted on that training I become Crazy!

Italy

1750 for a differences training.

At least over here a differences training to a Mooney isn’t cheaper… I was told around 5h for the training to be an average number; 357chf per hour plus around 100chf per hour for the instructor = 2285 chf / 1.08 = 2115 eur……..

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

Thanks Pino for clearing it up ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message