Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Licence renewal instructor required

@Balliol:

I assume you are talking about FCL.1030 and FCL.945, and in this case, at least for the German authorities, you are incorrect.
There is this document which explicitly allows examiners to endorse a German license after successful proficency checks and assesments of competence for class, type and instrument ratings, and CRIs and FIs for class ratings if and when they did the refresher training with the applicant, provided the other conditions are fulfilled as well.

The original text is German only, unfortunately. I tried to provide a legible translation below.

1. Handeinträge durch Prüfer
Inhaber einer Prüferberechtigung nach FCL. 1000 werden gemäß ARA.FCL.200 Buchstabe c)
ermächtigt, nach Durchführung von Befähigungsüberprüfungen oder Kompetenzbeurteilungen
handschriftlich:
a. Eintragungen für Verlängerungen von Klassen-, Muster- und Instrumentenflugberechtigungen
gemäß FCL.1030 Buchstabe b Absatz 2,
b. Kreditierungseintragungen für den Instrumentenfluganteil gemäß Anlage 8 zum Teil-FCL
(Queranrechnung des Instrumentenfluganteils einer Befähigungsüberprüfung für die
Klassen- oder Musterberechtigung),
c. Eintragungen für Verlängerungen von Lehrberechtigungen gemäß FCL.1030 Buchstabe b
Absatz 2,
in Lizenzen vorzunehmen, die von einer deutschen Luftfahrtbehörde ausgestellt sind.

Endorsements by examiners
Holders of an examiner rating issued in accordance with FCL.1000 are entitled according ARA.FCL.200 c) to endorse licences issued by a German authority by hand after the completion of proficency checks or assesments of competence for:
a) revalidations of class, type and instrument ratings according FCL.1030 b) 2
b) crediting for the instrument portion according Annex 8 to Part-FCL (cross-crediting of the instrument portion of a proficency check for a class or type rating)
c) revalidations of instructor ratings according FCL.1030 b

The part regarding instructor’s rights is similar, but limited to the revalidation of class ratings in the aforemtionned circumstances.

Note also that only the applicant’s licence is required to be issued in Germany. The instructor/examiner is still required to send a flight report form and copies of both his and the applicant’s licence to the competent authority.
I hope this was helpful.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Is this not identical to the entry in the EASA Examiner Differences Document?
Verlängerung: revalidation, Erneuerung: renewal.

London, United Kingdom

To me, the EASA examiner differences document regulates only -well, examiners.
It does not mention the option for CRIs and FIs according FCL.945 (or I don’t see it).

In addition to the revalidation of ratings, the NfL 1-1678-19 allows the revalidation of ICAO language proficiency levels.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message