Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is This A Record?

Hello, I am 94 years old and my last Class Two UKCAA medical expired just one week ago (28.Feb 2018.) I hope to be in the UK in April and feel sure that I shall pass another medical. As you can imagine I have given up to re-test for my IR and am now just a basic PPL. Being a Normandy veteran with a Military Medal, I was recently awarded the French Legion d.Honneur . Greetings to all and safe flying from the holy city of Jerusalem and the Guinness World Record Holder as being the oldest working Radio Talkshow Host

Congratulations on all that Walter, however “the internet” claims that you were born in 1924, and that Nicholas Parsons was born in 1923!

Egnm, United Kingdom

Welcome to EuroGA Walter

Don’t worry about Mike above. He is just jealous. I want to be doing what you are doing when I get to 94!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And so does Mike…….

Egnm, United Kingdom

Peter, you (and i) will be flying when we are 94, with or without medical.
I have this vision of my grandchildren hoisting me into an electric VTOL apparatus, programming in some route around the island and screaming into my hearing aid “granddad, you’ll be back in an hour, is that enough? If not, we’ll put in another route and hook up the peeing device, OK?”

Last Edited by aart at 04 Mar 17:45
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Amazing, Walter! What do you fly?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

First of all, Parsons is retired and I host two programms a week.
Put my full name into Google, but add Israel behind the name and everything will be revealed, and there is a lot of it/

I now fly any PA28 I can get hold of.
My longest trip was in 1971 when I took a bonanza to Israel and back on my own. But then I had a valid IR.

That long trip was taking off from Leavesden UK (now disused.) via customs at Gatwick.

This must be you! Impressive

There used to be a guy based at Elstree, I think, who was thought to be UK’s oldest IR holder. I am sure an IR at 93 beats that however.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wonderful to hear of your service during the war and remaining a pilot to a good old age.

Last Edited by JasonC at 04 Mar 22:01
EGTK Oxford
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message