Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jetprop recovery from Malaysia - September 2020

Great report Eal- that’s a serious adventure

EGTF, LFTF

http://nokaviation.com/

This sounds quite a fun grass roots aviation airport in Northern Thailand.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Snoopy wrote:

Thank you for the detailed report. Interesting to read about GA in this part of the world. One of my colleagues retired to Thailand and flies a C177RG there.

A Cardinal. Nice machine. I am not familiar with anyone flying one of those here. However I am based in the North and the bulk of GA is around the middle near Bangkok.

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Thank you for the detailed report. Interesting to read about GA in this part of the world. One of my colleagues retired to Thailand and flies a C177RG there.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Congrats, @Eal, great job! ‘Enjoy’ (if that’s the word…..) your quaratine and don’t drink too many Quarantinis ;-))) !

Sebastian_G wrote:

I will stay Nreg as long as I can…

Or EASA Reg would work too (part-ml, nco) to keep the prop on condition.

always learning
LO__, Austria

…and to think just over a year ago I was flying freely around Europe and then returned all the way back to Thailand.

Such a trip is virtually impossible now without a lot of inconvenience and risk of being locked up along the way, if allowed to enter a particular country at all.

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Great post EAL. Well done on managing this.

I suspect there must be a lot of stranded large and small aircraft littered around the globe.

Yes; I know of a bizjet abandoned in South Africa… they are quite cheap so they might just leave it there

I will stay Nreg as long as I can…

Indeed, but that’s not an option in Malaysia.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What an adventure. Probably the aircraft was in better shape before the overhaul mess. If it is not broken do not fix it. And every time they overhaul a metal prop they grind down precious material. I will stay Nreg as long as I can…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

I think recovering any aircraft across borders, especially non EU ones is a logistical feat in itself. Kudos to the Uruguay ops. That must have been tricky to pull off.

I suspect there must be a lot of stranded large and small aircraft littered around the globe.

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message