Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Laid back flying

Towards the end he gets up, and the footage is continuous through approach and landing. At no point is he unbuckling any straps, so he either removed them before the approach or never wore them in the first place

Biggin Hill

kwlf wrote:

It would be quite easy to be bumped out by a bit of turbulence.

I flew in this area and definitely there’s always some turbulence – you can imagine pretty high mountains just above the coastline with a lot of convective activity. You can see the black belt on the sofa so he was definitely buckled up but I think this was pretty far from safe flying.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

You are probably right. These are the straps I was thinking of, but on reflection they seem too slack to offer any security.

I still wonder. It would be quite easy to be bumped out by a bit of turbulence.

He is not wearing a harness on landing, see 3:20 when he gets up…

Biggin Hill

There are two black straps coming inwards from the risers. If they’re not going to a harness I don’t know what they are. My initial thought before I saw them was that he might be wearing a lap belt.

The fact that they are black when the others are not suggests to me that he’s planned to make them less visible.

Last Edited by kwlf at 08 Jul 10:43

kwlf wrote:

He is wearing a harness – there are two subtle straps on either side of him coming from the risers.

The apparent lack of a harness what the thing that looked the most dangerous to me. But are you saying he’s wearing the harness under his clothes?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

He is wearing a harness – there are two subtle straps on either side of him coming from the risers. I think he knows what he is doing, though a helmet might be worthwhile.

I don’t think it’s a fake. I’ve flown to that beach promenade from Babadag, albeit tandem, and it looks real to me.

Future nominee of the Darwin award.

I have to agree. Lazing on a couch eating junk food and watching daytime TV – what could possibly be worse for his health?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Future nominee of the Darwin award.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

Takeoff from 1:22

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 07 Jul 15:39
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message