Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Little trip: EHLE - LFOP

Just like Peter, I also did a little trip yesterday.
Flying conditions were actually very nice! We went to Rouen LFOP. My friend flew the outbound leg VFR, and I did the return flight IFR.

Rotterdam ATC is always very friendly and let us fly over the city center at 1000ft

The Zeeland Bridge, longest bridge in The Netherlands

Neeltje Jans, an artificial island constructed to facilitate the construction of the Oosterschelde dam

Flying along the beach near Oostende EBOS

The first snow I saw this season. Haute-Normandie

Short final RWY04 LFOP

Parked in front of the Terminal building. We where the only visitors…

The airport restaurant 777 serves traditional french food. They offer a 3 course lunch for 14EUR.
It was very good for an airport restaurant!

The Belgium Airforce also knows about the Rouen Airport restaurant. They flew in with their Agusta helicopters for lunch

The return flight was done IFR at FL090. The temperature was -6°C. We had a 30kts headwind.

Having an IR gives access to the large class A airspace in The Netherlands. Here we are at FL050 near Hilversum EHHV in the Schiphol TMA.
My mate said this was the first time he could see this lake (Loosdrechtse plassen) in a single view. VFR you’re limited to 1500ft here.
Schiphol Approach was very helpful and vectored us to Lelystad.
Officially you need PRNAV approval to fly in the Schiphol TMA. But nobody really cares. I hope it will stay like that.

Last Edited by lenthamen at 23 Nov 16:37

Nice trip, very nice pics, and the food does indeed look great

Officially you need PRNAV approval to fly in the Schiphol TMA. But nobody really cares. I hope it will stay like that

Indeed

They would have to ban most bizjets also…

I planned to visit Rouen a few times in the past few years, with Justine, but always had to cancel due to fog…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice pictures Lentamen!

EDLE, Netherlands

Officially you need PRNAV approval to fly in the Schiphol TMA. But nobody really cares. I hope it will stay like that.

No, the AIP says:

2.1.2 Schiphol TMAs
An RNAV1 approval is required for all aircraft flying under IFR rules in the Schiphol TMAs inbound and outbound AMSTERDAM/Schiphol.

You only need PRNAV in and out of EHAM.

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message