Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ljubljana Skiing

I flew into LJBL and got homesick. It was really a dream reminded me of some of the nicer small airports. They were friendly and helpful. I didnt feel as if everything had a price tag on it. So I have definitely made up my mind to go back. However with winter conditions and being a VFR airport I dont want to get into a situation where I get snowed in or weathered in with ceilings <1000’

If there is a way to pick up an IFR clearance without staying VMC till 9000’ I sure would like to know about it. I wrote to LJLJ and asked about a plug in for my Riett System and they said they have no electrical outlets. Im hoping they have overlooked one which I could plug into. Do you have any ideas on that?

So very happy with the news you just gave me about the activity at the resort. If we arrive Sunday afternoon things should be winding down with the races and have a chance for a hotel room and normal crowds I hope. Then leave Tuesday.

KHTO, LHTL

Glad to help, but what is a Riett System? Excuse my ignorance.

I would imagine that filing a SID from LJLJ to get into the system, and then calling LJLJ ARO or tower to join the SID at 2000 ft AGL or, if needed, from a touch & go arriving from LJBL, should be sufficient.

Reiff sorry about the spelling. I think its better than Tanis cause it uses Bands around the cyl base to heat the cyls.

You know just to make sure I will call them before I depart from BP as part of the preflight to see what they say about a Z departure out of LJBL

Thanks for all your help It makes a difference.

JUst checked the weather Almanac and the average high temp that time of year is 48-50F Min. 29-32F Dont need the Reiff in that case. We will have to see what the weather conditions are like leading up to the time we want to go. Cant book in advance Ill have a bunch of ugly passengers if they cant ski and have to spend the money to go.

KHTO, LHTL

@C210_Flyer

Did you end up doing this trip and if so, would you care to share some insights?

I’ve been looking into the area for a fly-ski trip for this season…

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

For one reason or another I did not make the trip. This year I cant go due to a knee injury that will require lots of Therapy. Besides the Mission Kommander said not to come home if I hurt the knee skiing before I get a clearance from the Orthopedist.

Being optimistic for 2018.

If you do go please give a PIREP.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 22 Nov 23:09
KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

If you do go please give a PIREP.

“click, click”.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message