Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for cheap possibility to perform border check in Hungary

Thanks for taking your time to educate and for the clarification. I have to look up my noise certificate I know its group B so I think it would be 11 Cat. per your chart.

I really dont understand why they instituted a noise charge. I know why they did it in Germany due to the Green Party. But why here in Hungary?
I wonder into who pocket those fees collected eventually winds up? Does it go to a good cause like saving forests in the country? Or the development of plastic
recycling as an alternative to throwing it into a landfill? Or is it just to line the pockets of the company collecting the fee? I wouldnt mind it so much if I knew it was going for a worthy Green cause.

In any case its a nonstarter for me because even without the VAT it makes more sense to call out the I&C rather than stop 1/2 hr into a 2hr flight to save possibly 10 Euros.
Send those guys back to business school if their intention is to be competitive.

KHTO, LHTL

Mark_B wrote:

What is the situation arriving in Hungary from within the Schengen? Are smaller airfields e.g. Fertöszentmiklos an option?

If you are arriving from within the Schengen zone and the EU, than yes. Otherwise, you have to arrive at an airfield with permanent customs (LHBP, LHDC, LHSM) or arrange a temporary customs checkpoint (can be done anywhere, with a fee).

Not an issue for intra-Schengen flights, but Fertőszentmiklós LHFM has good arrangements for opening a temporary immigration checkpoint with the local police for immigration checks if you are travelling onwards to e.g. Croatia.

C210_Flyer wrote:

Hello Janos just curious about the noise charge for a 210. Anyway you can ask them?

It depends on the noise level indicated on your noise certificate. The C210 has lots of variants and STCs so I’m not sure about your exact configuration. Probably it’s either 5.5 + 4.5 EUR or 1.8 times that amount. See the table for the K factor below:

I. category: 0.4
II. category: 1
III. category: 1.8
IV. category: 3

I just added it up for 3 passengers and the noise charges you gave 5.5 and 4.55 and I get approx 98 Euros

Yes, that’s in the ballpark. Please note that this is a net amount – i.e. no VAT included. I read our VAT law (104-105 § apply) and I’m really not sure if VAT applies to these items or not in case of a private international flight. If it does, everything will be 27% more.

Just out of curiosity Hungary still uses the Forint so why is everything converted to Euros?

It is not at all unusual for a company mostly dealing with international customers to have prices fixed in EUR. This way the client does not have to worry about currency fluctuations.

Last Edited by JnsV at 27 May 22:05
Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

JnsV wrote:

Updated info for an immigration/customs stop at LHDC Debrecen based on the e-mail confirmation from the airport and the handling agency:

Airport charges:
- Landing fee: 10 EUR (< 2 t MTOW)
-.Infrastructure usage fee: 2 EUR/t
- Landing noise charge: 5.5 EUR (may vary between 2.2 EUR and 16.5 EUR)
- Takeoff noise charge: 4.55 EUR (may vary between 1.82 EUR and 13.65 EUR)
- Passenger charge: 18 EUR/pax (it applies because in order to pass through border controls, you will have to leave the secure airside area and pax will have to be screened)
- Parking: first hour free

Current fee schedule is published on the airport website, see B2B / Airport charges.
Handling is mandatory as per the information from airport OPS. No such notice is present in the AIP, in the fee schedule or in NOTAM.

Handing charges:
- Ramp handling fee: 15 EUR (< 2 t MTOW)
- Airside transfer fee: 3-6 EUR (if they make you park at a location where bus transfer to the terminal is necessary – probably they will, even though there is ample space just in front of the terminal an airline pax all walk)

Current handling charges available via e-mail from [email protected]

So in total, you should be able to do a customs/immigation stop for ca. 40 EUR (+/- some amount depending on the noise level) + 18 EUR/pax. Not a bargain, but still much better than what it was a year ago (ca. 200 EUR total) when I last checked. Also, this way it is cheaper than getting PPR customs/immigation at a smaller airport and much more flexible with the timing of the flight.

Post updated on request by merging in two later ones

Hello Janos just curious about the noise charge for a 210. Anyway you can ask them?

I just added it up for 3 passengers and the noise charges you gave 5.5 and 4.55 and I get approx 98 Euros

Just out of curiosity Hungary still uses the Forint so why is everything converted to Euros?

KHTO, LHTL

Highly advisable to give LHUD more notice than that. They request 72 hours, maybe not so much required, but you risk problems with a few hours.

If you don’t have permission and you arrive from outside Schengen, you risk being arrested for illegal entry into the country.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 27 May 08:26
Tököl LHTL

LHUD. I had to land there with a couple of hours short notice and by calling tower all was solved. As far as I remember, with customs, it was bellow 100 euros.

Last Edited by lmsl1967 at 27 May 06:21
LPSR, Portugal

@Mark_B
If coming from within Schengen, you can land on any airfield (No customs or immigration required). You will need a flight plan if crossing a border.

Tököl LHTL

What is the situation arriving in Hungary from within the Schengen? Are smaller airfields e.g. Fertöszentmiklos an option?

EGCJ, United Kingdom

LHSM probably more on your route, higher landing fees, but reasonable & you can visit the thermal lake at Heviz!

(Actually, the difference in distance between using LHSM or LHUD is 10nm.)

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 25 Jan 14:27
Tököl LHTL

Szeged 72 hour PPR, can be arranged, call the tower.

Tököl LHTL

LHDC Debrecen is an option for Schengen crossing in Hungary, but may not be optimal for this routing.

Effective from today, 10 EUR is the landing fee below 2 t and there is no handling (down from ca. 80+120 EUR fees before). Some small extra charge (infrastructure usage fee) may apply and there is a noise component. Since it is a permanent immigration/customs airport, there should be no extra charges for that and there is no passenger charge for crew or transit pax. This information is from their published fee schedule, but I’m trying to get a total charge estimate from them in e-mail, since this crossing point would open up a whole new world of opportunities for me.

http://www.debrecenairport.com/downloads/airport_charges_deb_from_25_january_2017_until_30_september_2017_new.pdf

And as a complete picture for Hungary: there are only three airports with permanent border crossing points. LHBP Ferihegy, LHSM Sármellék and LHDC Debrecen. These places don’t charge separate fees for customs or immigration. Everywhere else immigration/customs is PPR and won’t be too much cheaper than 100 EUR, since the fee is set by the authorities.

Updated info for an immigration/customs stop at LHDC Debrecen based on the e-mail confirmation from the airport and the handling agency:

Airport charges:
- Landing fee: 10 EUR (< 2 t MTOW)
-.Infrastructure usage fee: 2 EUR/t
- Landing noise charge: 5.5 EUR (may vary between 2.2 EUR and 16.5 EUR)
- Takeoff noise charge: 4.55 EUR (may vary between 1.82 EUR and 13.65 EUR)
- Passenger charge: 18 EUR/pax (it applies because in order to pass through border controls, you will have to leave the secure airside area and pax will have to be screened)
- Parking: first hour free

Current fee schedule is published on the airport website, see B2B / Airport charges.
Handling is mandatory as per the information from airport OPS. No such notice is present in the AIP, in the fee schedule or in NOTAM.

Handing charges:
- Ramp handling fee: 15 EUR (< 2 t MTOW)
- Airside transfer fee: 3-6 EUR (if they make you park at a location where bus transfer to the terminal is necessary – probably they will, even though there is ample space just in front of the terminal an airline pax all walk)

Current handling charges available via e-mail from [email protected]

So in total, you should be able to do a customs/immigation stop for ca. 40 EUR (+/- some amount depending on the noise level) + 18 EUR/pax. Not a bargain, but still much better than what it was a year ago (ca. 200 EUR total) when I last checked. Also, this way it is cheaper than getting PPR customs/immigation at a smaller airport and much more flexible with the timing of the flight.

Post updated on request by merging in two later ones

Last Edited by JnsV at 25 Jan 11:49
Hajdúszoboszló LHHO
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message