Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for some PA28 training

boscomantico wrote:

Just took it for a cross-country yesterday. Sadly, it is for sale

The vintage red Bonnie? any reason why they are selling?

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 Jan 16:39
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

It flies too little. I am the essentially the only one flying it. The fuel system management freaks people out. Remember we also have a Debonair with even nicer avionics and a simple 2-tank fuel system.

Also, at 100LL prices slowly creeping up towards 3€/litre, it is getting a bit eye-watering…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 31 Jan 18:27
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

On topic, which model exactly is yours, Luke? If it‘s a C, and getting modern avionics, then in the end it will be very similar to ours.

@boscomantico: It’s gonna be a PA-28-180 Archer, year 1973.
Gonna have a freshly overhauled engine and prop, and quite a bit of avionics: 2xG5, GFC500 autopilot, GNS430.

Anyway, the idea of getting to Frankfurt and fly a bit with the plane (and maybe the Bonnie, if it’s still there) sounds very good. Will be able to do so only in April, but still

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Happy to fly with you and depending on the program we could knock out some basic IR stuff too. PN me anytime.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Roger. Quite different in terms of panel layout, etc. then.

Technically, if it‘s a 1973, it should be a Challenger, not an Archer, although technically almost identical to the first Archers. I have never flown one of these, I think.

It has the longer wing than the previous models, but still with a constant chord. It also has the well-needed five-inch fuselage stretch over previous models. Also, good useful load due to 1111kg MTOW (over 1089kg on previous years).

My club have PA28-180s on which I regularly instruct everything from first PPL flight through IR. You would be most welcome. However it’s in the UK so wouldn’t count towards any EASA licence 🙃

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

at 100LL prices slowly creeping up towards 3€/litre, it is getting a bit eye-watering

The IO-470-C in the K35 is approved for 91/96, any reason why you (the club) are not applying the standard change?

ESMK, Sweden

This aircraft type is a bit of a complicated thing. I am uncertain regarding, legally speaking, the applicability of CS-SC202b.

Anyway, there is no UL91 at our home base, just 100LL and mogas. While UL91 is available in a couple of places nearby, it is usually almost the same price as 100LL, so no real margin for savings. EDFE is currently 2.53 for UK91 vs. 2.61 for 100LL. The real savings only come with mogas capability, here in Germany.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 06 Feb 07:05

boscomantico wrote:

I am uncertain regarding, legally speaking, the applicability of CS-SC202b.

In what way? I find SC202b to be crystal clear…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message