Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lost ability to auto-quote from my iPhone

Subject says it all really….is it just me?

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

AnthonyQ wrote:

is it just me?

Works for me.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Do you have iOS 9.3.2 ?

I’ll take that as a…

The auto-quote was never brilliant (on an iPhone)…usually the the full text was not quoted…only one word…but by copying and pasting that wasn’t too difficult to rectify….but at least the “quote xxxx” box showed up on the first place….now when I touch someone’s post I only get the “cut, copy” box…not the separate “quote” box… It seems to have disappeared since I updated to 9.3.2… But since no one has responded I assume most (all?) others with iOS 9.3.2 have no issue… Based on previous lack of interest, I don’t really expect an answer, but does anyone have any ideas?

AnthonyQ, I tried it and I’m on 9.3.2. The appearance of the quote button was intermittent. However, I very rarely use it and never have on an iPhone, so I’m not sure if that’s a change from previous versions of iOS. I can confirm nothing has changed on the server software side. As you say, that feature was never great on an iPhone; it wasn’t designed for use on phones and to be honest I thought when I added the quote button feature I had specifically disabled it on mobile devices because of the issues you describe with tapping and highlighting. If I can find a device laying around which has something other than 9.3.2 I’ll try it and let you know.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Thanks David…. I guess it’s not that big an issue really…

Same on my iPad mini retina, iOS 9.3.2. No quote button, not even intermittent.

Not a big deal, but the quote button ŵas nice while it lasted.

Last Edited by Jacko at 29 May 21:15
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message