Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bose A20 genuine ear cushions

I must say, I got very lucky.
I bought 2 pairs on ebay for £4.99 ea and they came with all the inserts too.
I didn’t fit them right away but they looked nice.
I was expecting a struggle, but fitted one set the other day and they’re great. They are for a pax set but I may not now buy genuine ones when my A20’s need doing.

United Kingdom

Just to update this, I got replacement seals for mine and it was £30 and now free delivery.

Nice easy fix.

Indeed; this seems to be the way to go: Bose UK

I managed to salvage the inner parts which I had earlier discarded. It doesn’t look like Bose sell them retail. They would not normally get damaged, but – like the earcups – they will disintegrate eventually, as all foam seems to.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Got 2 sets from the Bose website. Came in 2 days, 33 EUR each set, free shipping to Germany.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Isopropyl Alcohol.

A solvent but not particularly nasty. Also useful for absorbing water in avgas, though you need quite a lot of it – about 1% (much more than PRIST/EDME).

It is also a type of British beer

Administrator

What is IPA?

always learning
LO__, Austria

I have just picked up a Bose X headset (which I kept as a 4th headset for a rare 4th person) and found the ear cushions disintegrated into a glue-like mess.

It must have happened within the last couple of years.

IPA dissolves it ok and it cleaned up but the cushions obviously had to be binned. Good job I found this; they would have stuck to somebody’s ears and made a big black mess on them

Administrator

The genuine Bose component does not include anything but the cushions.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Transair do actually stock them. I got a set for £38 (inc. VAT) just now.

They are really difficult to fit, and they don’t come with the “middle” foam components. I discarded one of these unfortunately (because the amazon ones came with them) so now I have a slightly strange looking headset.

Administrator

€33 – the reguar dealer price. Incredibe but Transair at Shoreham do not appear to stock them. Given the frequency of you visits to LFAT that would seem to be the ideal soution for you.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message