Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avionics upgrade - is this price reasonable?

I should have written: “an increase that takes my Payload to over 1,000 ibs” Mea Culpa!

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

how is that possible?

Easy Peter, @Peter_G used the bullions hidden in the cargo bay to pay for the upgrade

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Easy Peter, @Peter_G used the bullions hidden in the cargo bay to pay for the upgrade

this easily explains 1000 lbs of difference in mass.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

A_and_C wrote:

Being in the Avionic business and well aquatinted with the financial and technical minefields that hide behind most instrument panels I feel it unwise to comment on potential labour costs without inspecting the aircraft.

I installed all my own avionics, and really enjoyed the process (homebuilt aircraft). However, after looking behind the panel on other aircraft, I think I’d need 500/hour to do that kind of work professionally. Not to mention the requirement to be a yoga master.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

On the plus side, you will likely save some weight.

True. When I did my upgrade, we got rid of the positive control stuff. That box alone weighed about 15 kgs. Then they found some other stuff and wiring which became obsolete, all in all we got some kg lighter despite adding an AP and the Aspen system.

And yes, “cable forensics” can take a lot of time… and at those rates that translates into quite a bit of money too.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
35 Posts
Sign in to add your message