Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A new handheld ILS-capable transceiver YAESU FTA-750L

€426 is a lot more than $395, even allowing for the usual…

But I’m getting free ticket at AERO

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thank you.

I called them a few days ago and at the time they could not provide a delivery date.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

It appears that Yaesu FTA-750Ls are now in stock and ready to be shipped by several pilots’ toy shops in the US.

YSCB

Could you tell me which ones? I’d like to have one on hand by next Friday, shipped within the US.

Thanks much!

Last Edited by Silvaire at 29 Mar 02:17

mypiilotstore is one of them apparently (as per they email to me earlier today).

YSCB

Thanks for that, looking at Aircraft Spruce’s website it looks like the 220V charger version is lagging the 110V volt version by a week.

Silvaire, Marvgolden claims to have it now.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Well that’s rather convenient

I’ll check out Marv Golden tomorrow. Thanks much.

I picked one up yesterday at Sun ‘n’ Fun (Lakeland, FL) – the airshow runs until Sunday, but haven’t had time to play with it. GulfCoast Avionics will reduce it to their web price of $395, and if you ask nicely at the Yaesu stand opposite, they’ve got a small supply of 220v chargers.

No-one selling it had a clue about its features, but it does have 8.33 spacing, VOR, course indicator, ILS and a very basic GPS. It’s advertised as WAAS…..LOL.

I would say possible downsides are:

1) Not being able to use VHF and ILS concurrently, but happy to be proved wrong.

2) How on earth it can pick up a reliable G/S signal is beyond me.

3) GPS is next to useless compared with other available kit most of us have – there’s no area display, but position logging might be useful.

But one advantage is that the extras which cost $$$$ with competing sets are included (headset connection etc.)

Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

I got one on Monday from Marv Golden, as recommended by Ultranomad, and hope to deliver it to its new owner at Friedrichshafen Thanks again for that tip.

Marv had some units on hand with 220V chargers so that was no problem.

Sign in to add your message