Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

Thanks for the info Sebastian

spirit49
LOIH

When doing the next batch of the ADL130, why not add some small connector with the additional RS232 lines and sell the cable extra? Feels a bit odd to remove a major feature that the hardware and firmware are capable of just because of a connector…

I did not even think that it is a so important, but after a while I stopped typing in the route …

What I didn’t realize was that any route changes are reflected in the app immediately, really after three or five seconds. That makes it especially great for IFR, you always have the route that’s active in GPS 1.

Can you install achimha wrote:

When doing the next batch of the ADL130, why not add some small connector with the additional RS232 lines and sell the cable extra?

You would also need a mating connector in the aircraft hooked up to the GPS. Can you install this without going through the full approval process?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

You would also need a mating connector in the aircraft hooked up to the GPS. Can you install this without going through the full approval process?

Usually not a biggie, not dangerous, not visible. In case you want to be textbook perfect, there is a ready EASA minor change that Sebastian offers.

I have that connector too, in case I want to take the unit out. I didn’t even ask the Avionics company if that needs to be documented, … but I’ll soon find out by the invoice ;-)

Well … isn’t is the most important to see where you are flying (in which direction) and then to see what kind of weather you see in front of you?

EDLE, Netherlands

You see that too, of course :-)

You see your route AND an airplane symbol showing your position and heading

Well seeing my route is additional and not needed to divert from the weather as long as I know my position and heading and the weather in front/around me, right?

EDLE, Netherlands

Yes, of course!
But with the optional course line you can see where ATC is sending you!

You can also type in the waypoints in the ADL app to create the course line.

Sign in to add your message