Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Acrylic window cleaning / polishing

Someone who swears by it brought me below product from the US and I’ve been using it for a while. Works just as well as Plexus. I am running out and see that I can buy it in Europe at a much better price than Plexus (some 60 euros..)

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I tried that and while it works, it is nothing like as good as Plexus which polishes out to nothing, with any towel-like cloth. Microfibre cloth – the big fashion today – also works but there is no need for it.

Gosh – didn’t notice that Sandelving price. They are taking the p1ss… like so many.

LAS Aero is much cheaper. Don’t they ship outside the UK? They should; all this post brexit stuff works in the opposite direction. At work we export all the time; the only issue is gratuitous customs delays (about a week) on the mainland. Maybe a bulk buy could be arranged, although you would not want to have somebody (like me) posting individual packages out of the UK. Much better would be a B2B export out of the UK to somewhere who could resell them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I switched from Plexus to ClearView

Works well

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

€48,44 ex VAT and ex shipping !

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

There have been reports that Plexus is hard to get in Europe. I see loads of suppliers, including Sandelving (who call themselves Aircraft Spruce Europe) in Germany:

https://www.aircraftspruce.eu/plexus-plastic-cleaner.htm

Administrator

Does the Rhoba Aeropolish SPR company ship to the UK? They have a shopping cart.

Some German firms don’t ship to the UK; I have just been totally unsuccessful in getting some Miele oven parts. Eventually found them on Ebay.

Administrator

@Snoopy, haven’t seen the C-Klear. Aeropolish SPR is a thick oily white paste. You don’t need much of it – just a little dab on a piece of felt or leather, and keep rubbing… For a very small defect, I just rub it with a finger.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
always learning
LO__, Austria

I bought a tin of Aeropolish SPR at the manufacturer’s booth at Friedrichshafen. Works great as the final step (after wet sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper).
One can also polish acrylic with toothpaste, but it’s slower than Aeropolish. Choose the most abrasive one (typically of the whitening variety; there are toothpaste abrasiveness rankings available on the web).

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I never saw the Aeropolish SPR product in any pilot shop. Bought it on-line in Germany as you say, at the factory

Last Edited by aart at 19 Dec 17:21
Private field, Mallorca, Spain
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message