Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

L3 Lynx - active TAS and ADS-B traffic warning system

Since last week I have the Lynx 9000+ installed.

In general it was a smooth install replacing the Garmin GTX 330 (which I have in stock now). The few millimetres difference in hight could easily found by moving the other components in the rack a little.

Installing time was 4,5 days, so nearly no ground time. It works fine together with the GTN 750 (see pictures) and shows much more traffic than the PowerFlarm has shown in the Bonanza. I was always happy with the PowerFlarm but the Bonanza is to fast to achieve steady signals. So I decided to change to the Lynx. If someone needs the PowerFlarm, let me know.

The only Porblem during install was the enablement for the signals on the Aspen PFD Evolution 1000. No signal. Today I have talked with the maintenance company who made the install and they have had ordered the wrong enablement SD card. So I‘m waiting now for the new one and than will continue with the report.

EDDS , Germany

That looks like a really nice box. Especially as it seems to avoid the large box in the luggage compartment. What do the antennae look like?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I will make a picture next time, when I‘m at the aircraft during daylight.

EDDS , Germany

@eddsPeter

Why aren’t any of the traffic targets on your GTN750 displaying their relative altitude?

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

@wigglyamp
No idea, I‘m just on the way to find the best settings. Later on the main display for the targets should be the Aspen.

EDDS , Germany

wigglyamp wrote:

Why aren’t any of the traffic targets on your GTN750 displaying their relative altitude?

The relative altitude display goes away on mine at the 10 NM map setting as an automatic declutter on the GTN750.

Last Edited by NCYankee at 21 Jan 20:11
KUZA, United States

Hi,
Congrats. I am in the process of installing the Aspen+ NGT combo in my TB20GT by Central European Avioncs at Tokol.
I have 2 questions.
1 who did the istallation? The reason is, that the NGT needs a special cable, and up to now, did not find in Europe.
2.Where is the “big” antenna located?

cheers

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

@Zsoszu
1. I did it with the Moeller Flugwerft at EDKB. Avionik Straubing at EDMS is another possibility, but instead of 5 days they offered 10 days installation time.

2. The big antenna is installed in the center of the roof. I will post a photo as soon as I have made one.

EDDS , Germany

Thansk Peter!!!

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

@wigglyamp

As NCYankee wrote, they are displayed as soon as the aircrafts coming closer.

@Zsoszu
Here is a picture of my antennas. You can see the big one, wich belongs to the Lynx as well as the small GPS antenna directly in the center of the picture (second from the right).

EDDS , Germany
Sign in to add your message