Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

I noticed you all used cannulas. I have hundreds of new Salter cannulas and o2 supplies that I acquired from a business closing….Will let go of them cheap

Hi Roach, are they they of the type we need? Can you maybe post a picture? I’d take some, 10 or so … What other O2 supplies do you have?

The only context where plain cannulas are usable is with the O2D2 demand regulator, and that needs the regulator end to be a specific diameter, and made with a bit of stiffer tube about 5 cm long.

I suppose if one bought plain cannulas cheaply, one could transplant the special O2D2 end section onto them as needed, via an inline coupling. That should provide a sufficient hygienic protection. I normally throw out used cannulas whose user is not likely to be flying with me again, and where the user may return I wash them out in isopropyl alcohol and dry them with compressed air.

Personally I waste only about 1-2 cannulas per year.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

[[off topic]]
is it ‘cannulas’ or ‘cannulae’
?

Last Edited by at 24 Jun 21:27
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I’m wondering… if I start flying the club-owned C182 regularly… How would I go about the oxygen system? The oxygen itself is refilled by the maintenance crew at the club, so not an issue. But obviously, for hygienic reasons, I’d be using my own cannulas… I haven’t figured out how to identify the ones I need and where to get them…

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

A good point… The installed systems use plain cannulas. A big waste of gas though.
I suggest a look at the M H website and see if you can identify the fittings. Puritan Bennett is a common player.
Some past threads here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message