Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADS-B Weather for Europe (merged)

The interesting thing about this trial is how little echo there was on this and other forums. I can only speculate why but probably due to the limited coverage most pilots did not buy ADS-B UAT equipment so only very few people did actually try the service. I did try it in April and the range with my Stratus2S seemed to be way less than the claimed 50NM.
Besides that Peters post above sums it up very nicely.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

The Stratus can accept an external antenna input. If a cheap antenna is mounted on the belly, for example this one, https://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/av/transponders_zaccessories/ted_transponder.php , the reception is dramatically improved over the built in antenna.

KUZA, United States

This post contains some interesting info on actual range achieved.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Denmark is more or less covered with two ground stations.

ESMK, Sweden

For some reasons, I saw this during th summer on the way to Croatia from Budapest . I flew at FL120 I think, when my NGT9000 surprised me.

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

You mean the green/yellow areas, which look like radar data?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes.it happened once. Was accurate, Same images on my ADL.

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

I just saw this one:
So seems that here is a FIS-B ground station installed in Brno!

Belgium

denopa wrote:

denopa13-Apr-18 21:2333
Flying at FL140, I got great coverage from the Goodwood station as far as ETRAT on the French coast, with Radar, METAR and TAF in Garmin Pilot and Foreflight (but still no METAR on the GTN). Hooray!

I’d like to test if my current avionics (G3X+GTN750+GTX23ES+GTS800) is able to receive FISB weather near Goodwood: does anybody know if I need additional hardware or it is just a question of configuring correctly what I already have?

Last Edited by mancival at 16 Jun 15:40
United Kingdom

Does any of these have ADS-B IN?

I don’t know if the Goodwood station still operates.

Last Edited by denopa at 16 Jun 16:10
EGTF, LFTF
Sign in to add your message