Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Traffic advisory system

Peter wrote:

thermal circuit breakers do fail by operating at lower current, due to gradual degradation due to constant heating in normal operation

This is a Diamond DA42NG. Not impossible, but chances are very small. It is different on 40 year old 10.000 hours aircraft.
I have seen more CB’s, gone up in resistance then tripping at a too low current as well. Most circuit breakers can be overrated 200% for one minute. If it trips directly, something is shorted.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

I read in the tas manual and it state under no circumstance should the antennas be disconnected . I have swapped the circuit breaker and it tripped off . What I want to do now is to change the TAS processor and see what happens.

I read in the tas manual and it state under no circumstance should the antennas be disconnected . I have swapped the circuit breaker and it tripped off . What I want to do now is to change the TAS processor and see what happens.

Bekk wrote:

Is it still under warranty, you might check these before start swapping items. You might also want to check (measure) your antenna’s and coax cables. If your current unit got damaged due to open circuit operation (poor / broken connection for example) and you could ruin your new / loaner unit as well.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

No is not.
OK will check what you have suggested
Thanks

Thanks so much for your support, I swapped the processor unit and realise the problem is with the TAS processor unit.

Good job!

LFPT, LFPN

Thanks

18 Posts
Sign in to add your message