Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oxygen - equipment, getting refills, refill hoses, safety, etc

@Peter_Mundy never came back. I’d think the fitted v. portable is the biggest factor in getting an answer

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

He has been busy working

The interest was for a portable installation so some useful info for which my thanks.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Hello,
I would like to use my Scuba cylinder and attach a Mountain High Pressure regulator 2111-0x with a DIN-477-9N female connector.
After reading your contribution the idea is:
-use a converter male 5/8" to male 3/8" like in the picture to screw in the female scuba connector
-Screw the pressure regulator in the 3/8" side
Do you think it is possible?
Thank you!

Austria

I got this one based on a suggestion in a EuroGA post:
https://www.uwfun24.de/Dirzone-Adapter-DIN-G5-8-innen-O2-230bar-G3-4-innen

I used it to fill the MH cylinder at a scuba-shop last summer.

ENKJ, Norway

That’s an interesting item…

One would think this stuff is standard in scuba diving.

The MH regulators are available in 540 or DIN.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Do you fill the bottles up to the standard 200 bar or rather less?

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

My cylinder was brand new and I filled it to 200 bars.

ENKJ, Norway

Safety of filling your own Oxygen bottle from a larger one

I have this small O2 bottle that I use regularly in combination with the O2D2 pulse regulator. I was thinking of getting a large oxygen cilinder that is used for welding so I can refill myself.

The company offering these welding tanks said that it is very dangerous to refill a small oxygen bottle yourselves from such a tank. One spot of oil somewhere in the lines is that it takes to get to an explosion…

On the other hand, each time I ask for a refill while enroute, I see this guy taking out the large bottle on wheels from a corner of the hangar, linking it up to the oxygen bottle that is built in in the back of the Cirrus and fill it up. So what is the story?

EDLE, Netherlands

I refill my several small O2 bottles since year from a 50 l stage bottle. I have the correct adapter and harness and I am able to store my equipment without contamination with oil:-)

Sebastian S.
EDAZ, Germany

AeroPlus wrote:

The company offering these welding tanks said that it is very dangerous to refill a small oxygen bottle yourselves from such a tank. One spot of oil somewhere in the lines is that it takes to get to an explosion…

I think they’re simply covering their backsides. This is done all the time by FBOs (not many have a compressor) and mx shops, but that company is prob90 wary of letting an ‘amateur’ handle it.

Edited to add: there may even be some restriction on selling Hazmat to a non-professional.

Last Edited by 172driver at 17 Mar 15:45
Sign in to add your message