Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Which register are you on?

achimha wrote:

I think the German CAA has everything dual-language.

A bit offtopic, but I sometimes struggle with LBA NFL’s as well. When you press english on the LBA site, it just goes to the main page, unable to find these in English. If anyone knows where I can find them in English, please let me know.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Part M Light should do away with the overhaul requirement oder?

Steve6443 wrote:

Thanks for the comments, so how would I go about having the Cirrus registered on the G Register? A quick google brings me to form CA1 but am I right in thinking that my friend needs a UK address (he is a British citizen but lives abroad) to register it?

No, you can use any address for G-reg. They are very supportive of foreign based aircraft owners. Just follow the procedure on their site.

The biggest drawback of G-reg is that you have to overhaul your propeller every 6 years for no good reason.

Thanks for the comments, so how would I go about having the Cirrus registered on the G Register? A quick google brings me to form CA1 but am I right in thinking that my friend needs a UK address (he is a British citizen but lives abroad) to register it?

Also, to those who fly Cirrus and can enlighten me towards any potential pitfalls, especially with the SR20, I’d be very grateful to hear from you….

EDL*, Germany

I don’t know about Cirrus specific maintenance issues (there are many owners here on EuroGA) but also consider G-reg.

France is great to visit and to eat there but, based on what I know myself from my own dealings, and what I hear constantly from others, I would not even remotely consider France when looking for a regulatory transparency. To get on, you need to be 100% fluent in French and up to speed with the culture which is often ambiguous and non-transparent, and this is not just talking about aviation regulations.

Of course this is standard “south European” stuff and lots of people like that way, including many Brits who live there (but who had to donate a crate of wine to the Mayor when they wanted to do-up the barn they bought) but it isn’t a place to go looking for a regulatory transparency.

Countless people have banged their heads against the DGAC, only to get a stonewall, whitewash, all the way to their switchboard (and many French companies) putting down the phone if they hear English. English emails – forget it. Their compliance with EASA regs is a requirement but if they don’t want to comply they will either find a way to do that, or stonewall any enquiry which would imply their compliance is required. And if you force them legally (with a lawyer) you are in for a whole load of fun.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think the German CAA has everything dual-language.

French CAA is not very TBO-friendly, Germany is very TBO-friendly. However, Germany requires all those millions of lifed items in a Cirrus to be replaced according to the MM. SR20 is not ELA1 so these differences will remain for some time.

The majority of documents from theses CAA’s are only in their national language. If your friend is unable understand French, I wouldn’t choose the French register. I can’t understand French and always find it frustrating, having to find collegues who can do a proper translation. In general you want to understand these documents really good, so you won’t want to use Google Translate or something like that. Works only good to get and idea, not for following procedures.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Am hauling this thread from the depths again, a friend is looking at buying an SR20, there are two which interest him, one is on the French register, the other German. Now, from a German point of view, his insurance will be more expensive because of the 19% insurance tax payable – but does anyone else know of any reason why he should consider one of those registers against the other?

Thanks…..

EDL*, Germany

I guess the SFK website is out of date then.....

Yes I think so. I've been referring to this. Hard to say which one is out of date but since we're talking aviation I would guess that the one with the highest prices is the most current.

I guess the SFK website is out of date then.....

YPJT, United Arab Emirates
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message