Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GNS530W or not

Sure… We have had the crazy situation where people overhauled their own part, engine possibly, and it was illegal to reinstall it.

Various workarounds appeared eg a UK firm generating the jar1 for 600 quid, without seeing the item. I was offered that…

I also posted another route, a few years ago, involving a Subpart F or some such – here This route was offered to me by one such company. But I didn’t need any of this because by that time I was N-reg so all this becomes immaterial; you can use any US shop.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

There is also this which is a “useful” route since an 8130-3 is not acceptable for installing a used item on an EASA-reg plane unless the 8130-3 is issued by the original manufacturer (according to a post here by wigglyamp) whereas clearly an EASA-1 form is thus acceptable.

Doesn’t it make you want to scream when people quote you out-of-context!
There are particular circumstances when parts are recovered from aircraft that have been involved in incidents where the manufacturer may be the only one who is able to issue the Form 1. See AMC M.A.613 (a) section 2.9

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

wigglyamp wrote:

Agreed

Peter wrote:

We have had the crazy situation where people overhauled their own part, engine possibly,

I don’t think you could do that under FAA either. And that is not just because most would be lacking tools, experiance and manuals. Don’t forget that the FAA also require you to have previouse experiance with work to be conducted.

Peter wrote:

Various workarounds appeared eg a UK firm generating the jar1 for 600 quid, without seeing the item. I was offered that…

Clearly this can not be legal. The same would be true to for an USA / FAA firm generating an 8130. For example, I once had an engine monitor on order, while they representative was on holiday, and couldn’t sign the 8130. It was not possible to get hold of the unit first, as the one to sign the form also need to inspect the part.

Peter wrote:

Post 122 omitted the return to Garmin.

In some occassions there are no reason to return it to Garmin, and could have been done by a appropriately rated shop. Where are a the differences?

Peter wrote in other topic:

The best shops in the USA are not EASA approved and cannot generate a dual release 8130-3.

Please come on, stop this nonsenses on bashing EASA, EASA shops etc. I am sure you can get equal quality in Europe, with an EASA shops which also can give you a dual release. How would you feel if others would shame your business, by saying your to expensive, you are a monkey.

People like Wigglyamp have done a huge deal on certifications for European General aviation. We should be proud on these people, and we should support European aviation industry. Take a firm like the Scottish Trig for example, which is relatively young in the market, and makes excellent products. Non of the American brands can deliver that quality and service at that pricing. Or take German Golze WX solutions, good quality, smart product, fair pricing, excellent! Or British Charge 2 / Charge 4 USB chargers, excellent products, safe to use, fair pricing. For components, at the shop I used to work for before starting JP Avionics, they do an excellent job in inspection and overhaul of electronic components, which will be better then factory new condition.

And there are plenty more of these kind of shops.

Sure you can send your parts to the USA if you prefer. Stating that quality or European shops is less, is not fair. You will have shitty shops in the USA, and you will have shitty shops in Europe. You will have excellent shops in the USA, and you have excellent shops in Europe.

Last Edited by Jesse at 10 Feb 21:50
JP-Avionics
EHMZ

don’t think you could do that under FAA either. And that is not just because most would be lacking tools, experiance and manuals. Don’t forget that the FAA also require you to have previouse experiance with work to be conducted.

You misunderstood what I wrote.

Actually Giallume quoted the actual reg yesterday. There doesn’t seem to be a problem with the context.

Otherwise, yes, short forum posts are often a problem.

I am on a phone so can’t do searching and linking to support my post right now.

Sadly there are many more crappy component overhaul shops in Europe, as a %, due to the low volumes involved. True for engines too… The UK for example has only one with a half reasonable reputation.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
114 Posts
Sign in to add your message