Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin G5 (merged thread)

There are not many GA planes that don’t have an EASA TC.

Maybe a Jetprop has no EASA TC? I thought there were some Euro-reg ones…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

wigglyamp wrote:

Major news – Garmin have just received EASA validation of their G5 Electronic Flight Instrument FAA STC for certified aircraft, covering over 500 types!

That’s strange, since the last time I looked, there was only about 50 types on the FAA STC .

Have they extended the AML list ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

This from the Garmin website :

The European Aviation Safety Agency has approved our G5 electronic flight instrument for installation in select certified fixed-wing general aviation aircraft in Europe.

Unfortunatly, my Lancair Columbia is NOT on the STC AML .

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

have you got a link for the STC AML?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

FAA STC AML List

Last Edited by simonsorcerer at 08 Feb 11:27
EDNW, Germany

The list purposely excludes all aircraft that were certified with either Avidyne Integra or G1000.

Unfortunatly, my Columbia is NOT on the list since it was subsequently certified with both of those systems, despite the early models (like mine) had classic vacuum HSI& AI.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

The list purposely excludes all aircraft that were certified with either Avidyne Integra or G1000.
Unfortunatly, my Columbia is NOT on the list since it was subsequently certified with both of those systems, despite the early models (like mine) had classic vacuum HSI& AI.

The G5 airspeed and altitude displays are for reference only and not certified for primary use, hence the reason you can’t use it as the back-up to an EFIS system.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

wigglyamp wrote:

The G5 airspeed and altitude displays are for reference only and not certified for primary use, hence the reason you can’t use it as the back-up to an EFIS system.

what about traditional six pack aircraft? does that mean on an EASA IFR aircraft with two required Altimeters, you will still need two ‘classic’ altimeters, not just one?

ORTAC

podair wrote:

what about traditional six pack aircraft? does that mean on an EASA IFR aircraft with two required Altimeters, you will still need two ‘classic’ altimeters, not just one?
EASA IFR aircraft operating according to part-NCO only require one altimeter.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 08 Feb 14:23
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Just my opinion But my qualification for saying this is that no customer ever found a software bug in one of my products (1978-present) despite most of the code having been written in assembler.

LOL Peter, so you’re one of these guys!
I bumped into an Assembler programmer in 1996 Two months later we started a company with him and his buddy (also an Assembler freak) – we developed mainframe software. We sold the company in 1998, exactly 18 months after setting it up! Under adequate lighting one could see that my two partners had a HEX suntan pattern!
Needless to say I absolutely LOVE Assembler!

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message