Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Panel mounted USB chargers (merged)

@Jesse – Thanks. I also need a new clock/timer, is this also a MC as it is now?, and would this be included in the new CS-STANs?

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

I have had the TA102 fitted for a while now and whilst not cheap it does work very well on all the devices I have tried including Apple.

It is fitted in the centre console of the TB20 in between the audio jack plugs for P1 and P2. Putting it here means that any rear seat passengers can reach it as well. It will charge an iPad that is in constant use on a flight. I don’t have to worry any more whether or not the device has got enough charge for the flight.

I also have another certified output from the IFD540 and another uncertified from the engine analyser. The engine analyser manufacturer specifically states that it must not be used as a power source, but it does give 5 volts.

EGLK, United Kingdom

@colin – Are you N-reg or did you get the minor change approval? If so, who supplied it?

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Colin wrote:

The engine analyser manufacturer specifically states that it must not be used as a power source, but it does give 5 volts.

Be carefull using that one, it might have sufficient power to power an USB stick, and not sufficient protection for charging etc. I wouldn’t recommend using such an output.

NorFlyer wrote:

I also need a new clock/timer, is this also a MC as it is now?

I think they are normally included in the aircraft, remember that you don’t need a minor change if you replace the excisting one by the identical one. To be honest, I have never done a minor change for an clock, and never got asked for it either.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

I am N Reg so it wasn’t a problem to fit the TA102.

Jesse wrote:

Be carefull using that one, it might have sufficient power to power an USB stick, and not sufficient protection for charging etc. I wouldn’t recommend using such an output.

The engine analyser USB is not used for power, it’s just for downloading data, but I have tested it. I have 3 certified USB’s Ports without it, which is plenty.

EGLK, United Kingdom

Here is another FAA TSOd USB charger.

No idea of EASA applicability however.

Website

It is priced at $349.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Could the original poster update us on these?

https://store.harkwood.co.uk/air

Apparently EASA approved, but none available?

Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

These items from harkwood seem to go out of stock very often. Check again in some days and these could be available again. I purchased a charge2 and very happy with it. No EMC noise.

Belgium

I’d also be interested in thoughts of the above unit.

Talked to Harkwood today – they’re awaiting parts, delay should be a week or two. Implication was they were made up to meet orders.

Advice was to click the ‘email me when stock available’ link.

At those reasonable prices, with EASA paperwork, has to be worth a go?

Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya
Sign in to add your message