Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New Garmin TXI

That portrait-orientation box looks like an Aspen one but the part behind the panel is a lot bigger, which is relevant to installation, but it should improve reliability because the very small behind-panel part of the Aspen gets extremely hot (due to the AHRS needing a temperature-stabilised oven).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As there’s been some interesting discussion about the Txi range, why not take part in Garmin’s webinar on Wednesday which is open to dealers and users.

You can register here:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6210699567893544451?source=EuroGA

To quote Garmin’s own words to dealers that have also been invited:
“Garmin is hosting a webinar to introduce the new TXi flight display to the touchscreen product family. The webinar should highlight the capabilities of the G500/600/700 TXi displays including the engine information system (EIS) TXi. Garmin will be discussing how this latest product development offers the most configurable and streamlined avionics display solution on the market today”.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Garmin emailed admin some time ago asking if they can somehow involve EuroGA to promote this. I emailed back asking for more info and pointed them to this thread, suggesting they participate, and didn’t hear back

Manufacturers could get a lot of business if they participated (usefully and politely) in forums, but the idea has not yet reached the right people this side of the pond.

Administrator

Reportedly, no EASA STC for the TXi until late 2018.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Reportedly, no EASA STC for the TXi until late 2018.

That’s a surprise -where did you hear that? Garmin are currently telling dealers that the EASA STC is expected by the end of Q1 2018 – so next month.

Avionics geek.

Posted here somewhere yesterday. Sorry, can’t look right now.

Administrator

Yes, that post may have been mine.

I am getting quotes for a panel upgrade and have been told by a well known and respected UK avionics installer that there is likely no EASA Garmin PFD solution until Q2/Q3 2018 as the G500 is now discontinued and the TXi variants will not have STC AML until late summer/autumn.

Lydd

I have just emailed Garmin Europe and asked them directly about 7" portrait TXi and 10" landscape TXi PFD availability and EASA certification dates – I will post when I hear back

Phil

Lydd

Garmin have just confirmed to me that the plans remain on target for end of Q1/beginning of Q2 for EASA AML STC.

Avionics geek.

Garmin have just confirmed to me that the plans remain on target for end of Q1/beginning of Q2 for EASA AML STC

Great, thanks for the update with that – maybe my prospective installer had old data.

Lydd
Sign in to add your message