Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

I suggest that we do Mali Losinj LDLO or Brac LDSB – both lovely islands in the Adriatic. No Zepellin museums on either

From N Europe this is a “very high value” scenic trip. For those who don’t have a suitable aircraft, I am sure there will be spare seats.

Date: probably late May, but not at the very end because of the Socata fly-in which I think is at the very end of May.

Obviously there is nothing official about this – nobody is collecting money and booking hotels for a group – so anybody can do another fly-in anywhere they like, in addition to the above.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi, Peter,

Proposed destination(s) and timing are very attractive!!!

CU soon!

And how about a doodle for the proposed days?

Just got this from BRAC

- landing and take off 22,00 EUR + 25% VAT
- parking/day 16,00 EUR + 25% VAT
- handling 23,50 EUR + 25% VAT
- centralized infrastructure ramp 5,00 EUR + 25% VAT
- international pax tax 6,50 EUR + 25% VAT per departing passenger
- security pax 2,00 EUR + 25% VAT per dep. pass.
- passenger with reduced mobility 0,65 EUR + 25% VAT per dep. pass.

And they conformed 24 h PPR – and NO TOWER!

I think the PPR may be just in the winter, when there is nobody there officially.

I had some comms with them recently, regarding flying there in the winter. Their website is out of date, BTW.

Administrator

It’s not from the website, it’s an eMail i just got.

It also shows that they have gone crazy. With one day parking and one pax it is now just shy of 100 Euros.
Used to be in the 60 Euros region until 2012, which I (personally) always considered just about at the limit of reasonableness.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 08 Jan 17:11
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, agree, On the other hand I’d rather have that airport stay open … there were some rumours lately that it might close. If I flew there for more than 2 days I’d try to negotiate the price. Because with these prices I can just as well fly to Split (from where it’s much easier to get to the city).

It’s not from the website, it’s an eMail i just got.

Me too. Are they PPR in the summer too, for sure?

It also shows that they have gone crazy. With one day parking and one pax it is now just shy of 100 Euros.
Used to be in the 60 Euros region until 2012, which I (personally) always considered just about at the limit of reasonableness.

I think it is too high also, but the world we live in is full of greed (greed works) and more specifically incompetent airport management.

However you will spend the difference between €60 and €100 on one modest meal for two, so for a rare visit it doesn’t matter. And they probably think the same… The avgas cost of flying to LDSB from N Germany (or the S. UK) is around €500…

This argument is played out at every level in GA. The UK has a large pilot community who will absolutely not pay more than £5. Another large community is £10 max. The UK sites are full of calls to boycott such and such an airport. Of course any non-taxpayer-subsidised airport cannot exist (in a good surface condition) on that sort of money. So we are going to see changes over the coming years, as airport management starts to screw what they see as rich pilots.

Especially the ex communist ones who used to getting State funding and don’t anymore. The worst thing is a communist turned capitalist – they know perfectly who is easiest to milk

I still love the Croatian islands

If I flew there for more than 2 days I’d try to negotiate the price

Exactly. If you did this regularly (daily, or some such) then you would do it differently. Fly Easyjet to Split and get a boat. But, you know what, you could park an SR22 at Split (or Brac) and take Easyjet to Split every 2 weeks to fly the SR22 and spend less money than parking it at Bournemouth (that was in 2009).

Last Edited by Peter at 08 Jan 17:28
Administrator

I have been to LDSB a couple of times and I know some of the people there (the former director and the guy who was on the tower) pretty well. That makes me accept the high price a little easier… I KNOW that Croatia is a pretty expensive country to live in with most people having a very low income. Go to a supermarket in Split and pay the same (or higher) prices than in a Munich supermarket … I am also aware that LDSB has very little traffic, and so the prices probably reflect this situation pretty good … But to me it would feel much better if they just made it € 100 without all those stupid artificial charges.

Oh well …

Sign in to add your message