Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-up at Alderney EGJA - May 2016

Morning Peter. I’m just in the later stages of negotiation with my partner! (We were supposed to be seeing the In-laws!) I’m always up for visiting Alderney.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

With the 12hr terrorist PPR, it’s already impossible for me to go there tomorrow, @Alex_

All that’s possible now is a lunch trip for Sunday.

Is there any special arrangement required or desirable at the Alderney end? Other than mentioned on their website?

I phoned them on 01481 822851 and the man says no PPR/PNR.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter no special requirements.

The 12hour rule is a real pain. It must restrict so many would be impromptu trips. Perhaps another time then…its nice to stay for the weekend so you can see the whole island.

To save time after Arival You can pre-fill the alderney / gurnsey GAR. The form is downloadable from the website and you just give a copy to the fireman when you arrive, keep a copy to get back through security on the way back. Parking is on the grass to the north of the runway accessed via the main apron. Request the RNav on handover to jersey control they will pre-warn gurnsey approach for you.

Alex

I am happy to do Sunday just as a day trip

Tomorrow’s wx is crap but Sunday looks a lot better.

Administrator

@peter I’ve put in the GAR for tomorrow am, and will stay tomorrow night in Alderney leaving Sunday morning to go to Ostend (via shoreham) to take my parents for lunch! (Busy weekend of diplomacy!) I will give you my email / tel it makes it easier to arrange. If you want to stick in the GAR now it’s not too late for the 12 hours to tick for lunch tomorrow …forecast is sunny spells in Alderney.

Alex

The wx looks better tomorrow pm. But then I need to look for somewhere to stay…

Administrator

if you call the ‘Georgian House’ 01481 822 471 they are open now they will likely have a room or alternatively they also manage the Victorian just opposite – i have just booked a room there. They are both B&B – good breakfast. or there is the 4* hotel at Braye Beach which is also nice – just a short 5 min walk downhill from Town. its showing rooms available for £110 http://www.brayebeach.com/book/

Alex

I plan to fly to Alderney tomorrow, to look around, EOBT 0900 UTC

Administrator

Administrator

Nice. Well, the good news is that I have an additional airplane available to me…

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message