Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-up at Hotel Hertelendy Kastely LHKU - 2-4 September 2016

Yes, we could get a group together so they open up for us – and use the opportunity to negotiate the prices a bit :-) …

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

How much extra for Customs?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I would love to revisit Hertelendy for a fly-in from EuroGA.

EDLE, Netherlands

Peter wrote:

How much extra for Customs?

I will get a quote for that, but it should be ca. 100 Euro per occasion (i.e. this amount for the arrival and the departure separately), no matter how many persons or planes to be checked. And, in the worst case, LHSM is not too far.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Well I have done a low pass there a while ago. Its only 40km or so from my second home base LHKV. I am departing tomorrow btw if the controllers are not ill ….
Pecs is not that far (LHPP) and for sure worth a visit from historical point of view. I will be meeting the guy from Cirrus Hungary tomorrow he organized an event there I believe. I will investigate a bit :-). For sure a nice place but expensive…….

Last Edited by Vref at 20 Apr 13:24
EBST

I’ll drop an e-mail later today to the manager whom I talked to about a proposed fly-in to see how he responds.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Vref: yes, the guy from Cirrus Hungary organized this event with airshow, etc. The organization of the event was perfect and I remember it as the best event ever organized.

EDLE, Netherlands

How much did the organisers charge and what did they deliver for that?

I think a % of people would be interested in a more “managed” event sometime. Everybody except EuroGA seems to be doing these €200+ things

I’ve just heard of another (aircraft type specific) trip down to Greece; not the Cirrus one. Also that one was quite heavily managed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

How much did the organisers charge and what did they deliver for that?

I do not know about the Cirrus event, but one in 2015 organised by the hotel cost 9.900 HUF (35 EUR) for the daily programme including lunch and 7.250 Ft for the day use of wellness facilities (optional). You could book rooms at a 20% discount.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

How many slots are available and any handling required?

All kidding aside, I fly into LHKV and with fuel fuel (720 Lbs) plus one passenger 220lbs it takes every bit of the hard surface for the wheels to break free. So Im talking about a little above mid wt takeoff. Admittedly in the direction of take off was a bit up hill.

I would fly in with minimum fuel, leave the tool bag home, empty the TKS tank and fly in with 4 light adults at 170 lbs or less then maybe I would feel comfortable. Any obstacles on either end? If not it is doable as just mentioned with a dry close cropped grass runway that is smooth. I dont like the stresses of uneven ground caused upon the wings since I have extended Tip Tanks.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message