Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Night Rating during the summer months

Here is the FAA regulation:

Sec. 61.41 Flight training received from flight instructors not certificated by the FAA

(a) A person may credit flight training toward the requirements of a pilot certificate or rating issued under this part, if that person received the training from:
(1) A flight instructor of an Armed Force in a program for training military pilots of either—
(i) The United States; or
(ii) A foreign contracting State to the Convention on International Civil Aviation.
(2) A flight instructor who is authorized to give such training by the licensing authority of a foreign contracting State to the Convention on International Civil Aviation, and the flight training is given outside the United States.
(b) A flight instructor described in paragraph (a) of this section is only authorized to give endorsements to show training given.
KUZA, United States

I know a Luxembourg FI/FE that is into VFR night; he even wrote/published books about it. He will literally fly all night if the student(s) can take it. He’s organising a training this summer centred around LFJY, LFJL, LFSN with a local club/ATO. No club entry fee, no membership fee, just pay the rent of the plane and the instructor. He might be open to a more custom arrangement, too, I’m not sure.

PM me for contact details.

ELLX

lionel wrote:

Do I understand correctly that you need a FAA instructor, an EASA one will not do?

EASA actually. The Luxembourg FI/FE sounds like the perfect solution. I’ll pm you.
Thanks a lot to everyone.

Last Edited by xavierde at 20 Jun 17:21
KHPN, LFBE, EGKB, United States
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message