Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Show us your (non-certified only) panel

sans panel

sure is a good way to save on weight.. and wallet. As was demonstrated 1904, or earlier, by some intrepid aviators, an airplane does achieve flight only by the virtues of its airfoil (and some other stuff which you all know about), but certainly not its panel. By the way, is that a mechanical tach drive (haven’t seen one of those in the 21st century) or just a mean to rewind the rubber band?

Garmin just uses CANbus to communicate

not sure what Garmin brand u’re using, but funnily enough mine uses CAN bus too… and RS-232. Oh, almost forgot, there’s some ARINC 429 mixed in as well… and this interface mix with different communication protocols sure adds some interest to the wiring and configuration programming.

Thanks @Snoopy, but I sure enjoy my flights way more as they happen, in a real space-time bubble of human feelings such as control input-reactions/turbulence/respect/anxiety/being cold or hot/etc/etc, rather than dissected and replayed from a digitalized data output. Same as AI, you guys go for it. At the very small risk of sounding like what I really am (yes, an old “tailwind”), I will stick to real life values, and therefore prefer to replay a flight thru memories imprinted in my very brain iso some digital memory. This probably explains my desire to fix special aerial moments into what’s very appropriately called a snapshot.
My short experience using FlySto has left me deeply impressed as to its capabilities, but also reinforced my feelings that this kind of technology is of no benefit for me.
My love towards the magic of flight is just too large and intricate to be understood, the more so replicated by any man-made algorithm…

Last Edited by Dan at 21 Dec 22:23
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Thanks for the nice reply @Dan

always learning
LO__, Austria

IO390 wrote:

(I made it portrait to show off my curvy new prop…)

@IO390 is there any Airmaster representative in the UK (only Europa Aircraft was/is for my knowledge) or did you deal direct with Dirk Oyen in Belgium (or directly with Martin in NZ)?

EDLE

@Dan the tach drive is being deleted with the upgrade :)

@europaxs It’s a Whirl Wind prop, although Whirl Wind make blades for Airmaster hubs so I guess they are pretty similar. This is one of the 300 series 72" Whirl Wind props.

United Kingdom

@IO390 I have the Whirlwind blades as well (64 Inch for Rotax though), with Airmaster AP332 hub. I’ve bought mine from Dirk Oyen in Belgium.

EDLE

Keeping it simple but most of what I need is there.

France

My RV12 panel.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

quite some glass @wigglyamp.
This Garmin stuff really looks pro, and sure beats the kitchen appliance look of another big avionics player

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

F_JLAG_pdf
I’m getting ready for my first flight in my new French registered ULM. Recently changed from ‘G’ reg to ‘F’ reg due to the dreaded “B” word. Took 3 days to acquire a Brevet licence to become legal.
After flying behind Garmin and Dynon I have a preference now for the Dynon systems mainly due to their bespoke setup abilities.
Looking forward to exploring European scene now I’m retired.

EGHR,LF6252, France

PTwentyTen wrote:

F_JLAG_pdf
I’m getting ready for my first flight in my new French registered ULM

A very clean and neat panel! May I ask @PTwentyTen why you installed separate fuel quantity indicators instead of relying on Dynon EMS?
Looking at the Vne vs altitude table on the left side. Not sure if you know, the red line on the ASI tape can be programmed as aTAS value. Skyview would talk to you and disconnect the AP if approaching the pre defined speed.

Poland
Sign in to add your message