Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flaris LAR-01 jet

This is one center stick both for pilot and copilot in the middle of the aircraft between them.

Yes. What other types of centre stick do you know? What is your definition of “centre”?
Looks like we’re confused about semantics.

[[later edit]] @ Le Sving: to the “side stick” definition, shouldn’t you add “Airbus”?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Yes, Airbus style.

I also saw this: “Power plant: modern turbofan engine”

Is this aircraft prototype even for real?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

PW610F engine.

You can see it taxiing here:

Coming back to fuel tank location – towards the end of the video there’s something that looks like a tank cap on the left just behind the aft window quite high up.

I wonder if or how much the CofG moves as fuel is burnt off.

What are the pros and cons of internal fuel storage?

Apart from the fuel going forward at 200kt if you hit something with it at 200kt, but at 200kt you probably aren’t going to know about it. It may affect crashworthiness, and it was extra crashworthiness which enabled Socata to lift the Vs of the TBM700C2 to 65kt (and achieve a huge increase in payload). This company mentions a Vs of 62kt so maybe they are going for something similar.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I wonder if or how much the CofG moves as fuel is burnt off.

In their flyer they write that the central part of the fuselage is made of aluminium which is also the fuel tank. So it should be right underneath the wing and cause only minor CofG shifts: http://www.flaris.pl/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/FLARIS-LAR-1_flyer.pdf

EDDS - Stuttgart

I like most of it … except the center stick

I wonder where the parachute straps will route through. Unless they plan on attaching it to the nose only which I sort of doubt… .

What are the pros and cons of internal fuel storage?

For as little as I know about mechanical engineering, carrying fuel in the wings seems to reduce the stress on the fuselage/wing coupling doubly: it increases weight in the wing and reduces weight in the fuselage. In a high-winged plane, carrying the fuel in the fuselage also spoils the advantage of not requiring an (electrical) auxiliary fuel pump.

The effects on crash resistance are beyond my skills to estimate. Still, if I crash and a fire follows, I’d rather have it in the wing than in the fuselage. But perhaps it wouldn’t make much of a difference.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Love the noise on start up…

EGTF, LFTF
Sign in to add your message