Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flaris LAR-01 jet

That last plane looks presentable. Obviously their videos are done by someone in engineering and not marketing. Is it really so difficult to copy Cirrus?

always learning
LO__, Austria

At first I thought it was a scheme to pull some EU funds, but they’re still around after quite some years. From what I found, the investor builds production lines for German car manufacturers and the designer already did some planes in the 60s and 80s. Wilga, Kruk and Orlik.

LPFR, Poland

Yes, they posted this 90s quality video first

LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

First flight video

The actual first lift off is missing in this video. Flaris needs a marketing guy.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I think it’s for easy egress during testing. See first flight of SF50 below.

LPFR, Poland

Are those doors hinged on the back and open forward? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

First flight video

Wonder how long to get it certified. Was 8 years for SF50.

LPFR, Poland

Hey, and a model already flew in 2011! ;-)

80 knots faster in cruise than the SF50, at least twice the range … I will believe it when it exists as a production airplane.

Peter wrote:

1400nm with reserves at FL280 is really good, for Europe. You can outclimb most weather.

Agreed and FL 280 is often not so busy, you most of the time get Direct.

But practically all projects like this do fail, so anybody putting money down needs to be able to just lose it. It isn’t the IFD540 kind of $10k or whatever downpayment, where losing the $10k isn’t going to wipe you out.

Also agreed on better be in banking

I seriously doubt that the very rear located intake will work on high Alphas. At high Alphas, that engine will just do sh55556t at this location. Dont even have to run that on that on the flow Sim of in Xplane.

The first customers, if they get anything, will be stuck foreverwith the experimental certification. Since they have no production certificate under which the planes will be build, the planes can not be transferred to be in conformity with a TCDS.

But nice pictures…

EDTQ / Sarentino

Love the noise on start up…

EGTF, LFTF
39 Posts
Sign in to add your message