Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Norway - OSLO and Bergen

Hi all
For those amongst who live in this beautiful part of the world a little advice would be appreciated please. At the end of June – beginning of July my wife and I have 2 days in Oslo and then 2 days in Bergen before flying back to Gatwick (commercial flights only – too far in my C172!) If any one has suggestions about what to see/do in these 2 cities I would welcome them.

many thanks

P.S. It looks as though I may also need some help with hotels as thay all seem to be pretty full and o they discount for pilots?

UK, United Kingdom

Well I don’t live there, but I do spend some time in Oslo. From the GA point of view, the airport at Kjeller ENKJ is walkable from Lillestrom train station (about a mile) and has a nice flying club. Might be worth checking out for a future 172 jaunt? Lillestrom itself is 10 min from Oslo central station, almost all of it in a very long tunnel. Alternatively, a scenic local train winds around the high ground.

For non aviation, the Technical Museum is a pleasant tram ride out of the city. The Fram museum is a nice ferry ride across the harbour and an impressive monument to Amundsen. And while you are at the harbour, don’t forget to walk on the Opera House roof!

Can’t help much on hotels, or the price of beer!

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Aveling wrote:

From the GA point of view, the airport at Kjeller ENKJ is walkable from Lillestrom train station (about a mile) and has a nice flying club.

And there are frequent bus services!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message