Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Norway - Weekly Season Card

Those are old posts; these AIP related document links tend to last only a month. I try to localise a copy when I come across them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LeSving wrote:

The AIP is here:

https://www.ippc.no/ippc_ais/aic_a/EN_Circ_2015_A_002_en.pdf

It seems that the link is broken … returns a 404 message.

LSZK, Switzerland

From the airport charges document (https://avinor.no/globalassets/_b2b/why-avinor/norwegian-airport-regulations-2.pdf)

(excerpts of factors, which you multiply by 62, for the types of planes we fly (https://avinor.no/en/corporate/airlines/aviation-charges/)

Which leads me to think that for a DA42 with 1785, the weekly landing card breaks even at 6 landings.

I’ve confirmed that the weekly card covers the surcharge when landing between 00:00-05:59 by email with Avinor.

The landing charge is charged VAT, while single take offs for international flights aren’t, so the card is less worth it if a lot of your take off / landings are international.

I’ve also confirmed that the PPL/IR car (or the Porto flying club) card will waive parking charges.

Last Edited by Noe at 23 Jan 13:35

the avinor website, one can obviously also pay for single landings online, so the hassle should be not so bad.

Thanks. I didn’t know that.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@Airborne_Again: Thank you.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

I just calculated and compared the cost of a weekly season card and single landing fees:

weekly season card:

separate payment of single landings (which obviously can be paid via the Avinor website):

It seems that a weekly card is only financally reasonable with more than eight landings in one week! of course the little hassle is worth some extra. but for four stops in norway (in about 5-6 days, as you see in the trip schedule in post #1), it seems not being worth it to me.

On the avinor website, one can obviously also pay for single landings online, so the hassle should be not so bad.

EDMA, Germany

JnsV wrote:

Is there any similar scheme for Sweden?

Yes, there is. Swedavia (the state-owned airport operator) offers a weekly season card for SEK 800 (incl. VAT) for aircraft with a MTOM of up to 2000 kg. It covers landing and parking charges on Swedavia airports (but you may not be assigned the most convenient parking spot). It is not as useful as the Norwegian card because many more airports in Sweden are privatised or owned by a city. Also, it is not valid at Stockholm/Arlanda, Stockholm/Bromma and Göteborg/Landvetter.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

boscomantico wrote:

Paying landing feess on the spot at Norwegian airports is a hassle; paying later by bank wire is a big hassle.

I thought the whole point point made throughout this thread was that you needn’t pay anything at all?

LFPT, LFPN

Hmm. IME, one single landing of 2-ton aircraft at Avinor airfields is roughly 40€. So figure 4-5 landings to “break even”. But even if you do only, say, 3 landings, consider the reduced hassle, which can be worth more than a hundred Euros. Paying landing feess on the spot at Norwegian airports is a hassle; paying later by bank wire is a big hassle.

The problem is it looks like you will be doing two weeks…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Today I calculated the landing respective takeoff fees and the season card makes no sense for the above posted trip.
You can calculate the landing fees and price for the season card on the avinor website. I save about 1000 NOK (about 100€) by paying the single landing fees.

EDMA, Germany
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message