Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Passed!

Peter wrote:

One will of course need an audiogram on the class 1 or two medical.
What options exist around Europe on this?

I just went to my Medical examiner (London) and he did the test and added it into the CAA system.

Last Edited by Noe at 09 Jul 18:47

Gratuliere !!

Bosco auguri, this seems one of the more positive aspects of European improved regulation and hopefully results in more GA pilots getting an IR.

In terms of ‘differences’, I like the US in that they want to see more approaches at different airports, and require a partial panel approach. Alternatively the EASA Multi IR requires a single engine go around, while the US focuses more on a single engine approach and circle to land. At least that has been my experience. I sympathize with reluctance on testing the low approach asymmetric go around, probably because density altitude in many parts of the US would result in making this highly unsafe in your typical MEP. The US likes a range of scenario emergencies, while the EASA check ride tends to be very predictable and you know when your engine failure will occur, and when you will be carrying out partial panel exercises.

In the UK there is still a fair amount of superiority with ATOs actively discouraging going down the FAA route, or assessing that you will need many hours of re training to get to EASA standard.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Recently, my new license arrived (3 weeks after applying by the way…):

As always in Germany, no mention of the “CB” on the IR entry.

One question to those with LBA licenses and an IR: My entry for NQ (night qualification) has now disappeared. Am I correct in assuming that this is normal, because the IR “includes” night flying privileges? What if I let my IR lapse in the future (might well be)? How can I demonstrate that I have the NQ then? Achim, any idea?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Nothing about NFQ here either… That “SP ops” seems to be new.

But what if I let the IR lapse?

Then you can only instruct night VFR but not fly it yourself

Shoot an email to Referat L4…

I guess that even a lapsed IR counts as a valid NQ in the EASA regs.

But I wonder how many CAA inspectors in say Spain, Ireland or Slovakia know about that?

An IR requires an NFQ. A NFQ once obtained never expires. Therefore with a valid PIC and lapsed IR, there is no way to not have a NFQ.

However, that is pure logic which might be too much.

I only have an EASA IR, Dutch license. A certain number of night hrs were obligatory to get the IR. I agree with Achim that logic would dictate that a night rating should not expire. For one because it is never tested, nor is there any minimum currency requirement. Nonetheless every new document issued since then states ‘Night’, so you may indeed want to check.

Last Edited by aart at 10 Aug 18:59
Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message