Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague LKPR has become cheaper for GA

I haven’t been checking the prices at LKPR for a while, but recently, when designating it as an alternate for an international flight, I was pleasantly surprised that the landing charge for aircraft up to 5 tonnes is now 1047 CZK, which is about 43 EUR – quite decent for a busy large airport like this. Parking charges vary depending on the stand, but for a 1200 kg aircraft at the GA apron it would be some 16 EUR/day. There is also a charge calculator on their web site.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

The problem with these big airports is usually not the landing fee but the abundant creativity in finding additional charges which add up to an amazing amount. I would not be surprised to find a “toilet seat preheat fee” on the bill…

Does LKPR have mandatory handling?

They told me the same last summer when I went there, but when I turned up to pay, I got the rest, so it was all meaningless. From my report:

It would be wonderful to see LKPR return to reasonable pricing (say €50) because the other options are not good: Vodochody (open when the owner doesn’t want a quiet weekend), Letnany (grass, VFR), Kbely (open to company visitors only).

Last Edited by Peter at 23 Feb 18:11
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Don’t forget the passenger tax – €71 for a PA28 with 3SOB and then the handling charge

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

That’s good news! I’ll fly to LKRK (Rakovnik) tomorrow, to our grass strip … but one of the next flights I’ll try Prague!

Handling at LKPR is not mandatory, but you may have to decline it explicitly, as it’s often the case elsewhere. My tactics with any big airport would be to e-mail the operations for a confirmation of charges and state I don’t want handling – then I will at least have their written statement.

So taking the PR example, how do you get airside and reach your aircraft which is parked in the middle of the airfield? Love Prague but hate the costs.

Peter, it looks like GA aircraft are parked on the south apron, in front of Terminal 3. You can probably opt for a RWY 04 parking (which costs about 1/4 of the GA apron per day), but then they will charge you another 43 EUR for two bus rides.

Yes – we have always been directed to RWY04 and the cost of 2 nights at LKPR has never been less than about €240,00 :(

Why not try Pribram (LKPM) just to the south west of Prague? Flew in there last week, landing fee was 200CZK for an Archer 3….

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 24 Feb 17:51
EDL*, Germany
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message