Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Questions about AOPA membership

Thanks Bosco. Makes me want to take a trip there just to support Bulgarian AOPA and GA.

KHTO, LHTL

AOPA members can park for free (with no time limits) at all Avinor airports in Norway (it must be non-commercial and MTOW less than 2730 kg). But this is no thanks to AOPA. It’s NLF, part of FAI and Avinor themselves who got this sorted out when Avinor suddenly started with parking fees some 2-3 years ago.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

By the way, these are the price reductions for AOPA members at Bulgarian airports:

Lesnovo LBLS: 50% landing fee
Sofia LBSF: Handling 18€ (use Sofia Airport Handling)
Primorsko LBPR: 50% landing fee
Burgas LBBG: Handling 35€ (use Goldair, not Fraport!)
Varna LBWN: Handling 35€ (use Goldair, not Fraport!)

Some of this is reported here:
http://www.aopa.bg/en_EN/index/new

AOPA Bulgaria has set up a nice little bi-lingual website. Kudos, considering how small a GA scene there is there. In the meantime, rich countries like Belgium or Ireland don’t to even manage to set up any AOPA at all…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 15 Aug 08:27
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Peter wrote:

Peter 06-Aug-15 21:10 #06
For the Greek handling discount any AOPA will do – even my US one was fine with Swissport, and they do check it is valid so bring the current confirmation with you. The discount is not big – about the cost of a fish. But most Greek airports are pretty cheap, in the context of a trip.

IMH

Well Im not sure what Michelin you go to but, the last time I was in Corfu Swissport would have charged me 125 Euros instead of 25 Euros they did charge without my AOPA card. Thats 100 Euro savings. Converting that to $ even with the new exchange rate of 1 Euro= $1.09 I would rather buy 100LL with the money.

KHTO, LHTL

@Vieke :
actually, it’s not as revived as i thought
I gave some details to “Jan”, but basically, there is still nothing mire than a Facebok page I think

of course the more the merrier I’d say

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

The handling fee for both Heraklion and Kerkyra is around € 120 without AOPA card, and it was € 24.60 this summer with AOPA card!

Peter wrote:

The discount is not big – about the cost of a fish

Raw from a fish market, or on a plate in a restaurant?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

i belong to AOPA UK and AOPA USA (because I fly an N plane).
For all their imperfections, they are one of the few bodies that are at least doing something for GA.
Some people are critcal of them like they are of Charities: Unless they are 100% perfect, they refuse to contribute . . . The result is that they never contribute, ever. They just constantly moan and do nothing.

What do you think they should do, Peter?

the discount IS big, i think. At Kerkyra or Heraklion the difference can be around € 100 for handling. Landing fees are dead cheap though and AOPA makes no difference.

I have just been through my recent receipts and can’t find actual figures but my recollection is that the discount at say Samos was about €10-20.

Sitia LGST Handling €35 (Skyserv) and Samos LGSM was something similar.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter,
the discount IS big, i think. At Kerkyra or Heraklion the difference can be around € 100 for handling. Landing fees are dead cheap though and AOPA makes no difference.

jmuelmen wrote:

All I can find is a trivial discount (5%) on the premiums

It’s what I remembered from my last stay in the US, where I decided that it was too short a timespan to sign up for AOPA first, but made a note to myself to do that before the next stay. But about the height of the discount, I must have dreamed that, or maybe it is what I was told by the FBO. Obviously then not anywhere near 50 %.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 08 Aug 16:01
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message