Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ramp check at LDVA, and signoff for a preflight check

For commercial ops (airliners CAT or commercial GA = hire, PT, instruction), it always seems to me that you need a tech log signed off (with initials ) before each flight

For private owners under Part-NCO, I really don’t see where this comes from some you please en-lighting us with a ref to the rules?

Of course, one would inspect it before flying it (or not at all, if he was the last guy to fly it)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

or not at all, if he was the last guy to fly it)

I beg to disagree. You know, your airplane is like your uncle Ernie – one moment he was cracking jokes, the next he was dead from a heart attack. I do a walkaround before every flight. Perhaps not as thoroughly than on the first flight of the day, but still.

Ibra wrote:

For private owners under Part-NCO

There are other aircraft than EASA aircraft. Part NCO or Part M means nothing to them. For “normal category” aircraft, now EASA, things have changed 3 times about this very thing since I got my PPL. In the flying I do, which involves several different categories of private “ops”, there is at least 4 different regulations about this very issue. They cannot all be “wrong” or “right” when looking at it from a pure technical-operational point of view. It has very little to do with it. Whatever the regulations say, you go with, and you sign where you are supposed to sign.

The only thing that makes sense to me is a daily inspection, and a signed one. Preflight is more of a pilot thing and part of the flight rather than part of any maintenance. You don’t sign the run-up either, even though it is done after pre-flight and before the flight.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Ramp checkers like the one mentioned by the thread starter also apply the “logic” of bureaucracy. Fortunately for us, they can only apply it as far as it has made it into the regulations, ehich are buresucratic enough.

Biggin Hill

Happily in around a quarter of a century of flying, I have never met a ramp checker, not officially anyway. What do they look like, do they have unforms, carry identity cards. How do you know that they are not just some odd person who has managed to get airside or a jobsworth. Who gives them their powernajd how are they trained?
Ignorance is bliss and I was quite content until this thread.

France

gallois wrote:

What do they look like, do they have unforms, carry identity cards.

They wear yellow vests with CAA inscription on the backs and yes they carry identity cards And if you live in small country like Croatia then you know them or at least you know some of them.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message