Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Report VFR trip Namur (EBNM) - Annemasse (LFLI)

1 Post

Hello,

After some thinking on the routing and the transit of Geneva TMA. you will find hereafter a small summary of the trip I made on 2 August & return on the 4th to visit my friends in the area.
Regarding the routing it was more or less a direct route EBNM-MMD-SPR-LFLI. I finally called Geneva Approach to see if it was possible to get a VFR tansit through their TMA. The answer was “if workload permits it is possible”.

The departure EBNM at 12:15z was slightly later than I expected and resulted in a small detour as military zone in the south of Belgium were active. I reduced the route by cutting through the military CTR of Florennes which was kindly granted despite the military activities.
As last time I had again local showers at the start of the journey but this time just passing the French border.

The rest of the route was uneventful at 5500ft, handed over from one FIS to another.

Arriving at the Swiss border I was handed over Geneva Info where I asked if I could remain at 5000ft and transit the TMA via SPR and start my descend inbound VRP E.

(inbound SPR with the Leman lake in front)

After some coordination this was granted. I remained in contact with Geneva Info till the airfield was in sight where I joined the VRP R to join the circuit avoiding overhead due to paradrop. Landed after 2h50 – fuelled – went for the parking for 2 days.

For the return… I paid the fees (15.45€ landing & 24.10€ parking) and did basically the same route but in the other direction at 6500ft . This time I had to stay below the Geneva TMA during the departure. During the flight FIS asked my to avoid Besançon due to paradrop. The rest of the route was straight and did not have any detour at the arrival as there was no military zones active.
Return flight was 2h50 as well.

Last Edited by jfw at 18 Aug 09:47
jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium
1 Post
Sign in to add your message