Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sheffield City Airport

Not sure what section this should be under. The petition to 'get behind' this is:-

Be sure to rope-in other interested parties, friends and families etc.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Don't want to be pushy - just bring this to the top in case it got overlooked. Thought it might be of interest to have SCA operational, particular for business/pleasure flight from Europe.

As pilots I'm sure you're interested in 'saving it', even if you can't see yourselves using it.

May be many of you have signed already, but support is needed.

The 'link' is here again:-

Very much so - we need to support this.

Every airport lost is a big loss to GA because it removes a chunk of utility value from flying.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well I've obviously signed - got notified via ukga. I know Peter H has signed (saw his name on the list).

Any others from this site (euroga) 'signed' I wonder?

I must have picked-up another 30-40 by 'networking' it.

If we all did that!!

Might as well keep the link 'up-front'.

We should support and promote this petition on the grounds of the business/trade advantage between Sheffield/the larger general area and the continent.

Nice as it would be for GA to have SCA 'working', we will not get support from the general public on that basis. Remember we are 'the rich playboys who fly about the skies for fun' and as such need support from nobody!!

Also remember that when SCA was commercial active SEP aircraft were 'not allowed'. A revitalized SCA may, but not necessarily, leave SEP aircraft out in the cold yet again.

It's the business/commercial side of things which have to be 'sold'.

"Also remember that when SCA was commercial active SEP aircraft were 'not allowed'."

But then sheffield airport was always designed to fail.

Having said that I would love to see it reopen.

But then sheffield airport was always designed to fail.

In what way?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No 07 I guess you've signed 'Bathman'. Apologizes, as it's difficult to find individual names out of now 2500. Target to force a public enquiry is a long-way off at 5000.

Are petitions really the way to get results here? Surely the best way to get results are lobbying the city and Westminster.

EGTK Oxford
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message