Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA to Scilly Isles EGHE July 2020

Thanks for the pics !

LFOU, France

I’ve just flown another trip EGKA-EGHE, at FL90-100 this time, to test how this is feasible in the UK ATC system where you lose your clearance at the first bit of Class G. The idea being that it gets you above typical summer cumulus, which one often gets stuck in when flying, ahem, “VFR OCAS”.

Report here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The Scilly Isles are always worth a short trip. I like the approach for runway 09. Thanks for the write up and the nice pictures.

EDDS , Germany

Here is a little video from a trip a few weeks later which shows some of the amazing coastline.

At the end is a rather less amazing bit showing the departure wx the following day I was getting wx for EGHE from my private site (via NOAA); for some reason the Autorouter was delivering previous day’s wx for quite some time. METAR EGHE 270650Z 17021KT 3000 RA BR FEW010 SCT016 BKN030 15/15 Q1011=

Administrator

Video of the flight EGKA-EGHE

Administrator

It is the GAR as usual, plus two other forms. We are doing a little fly-in to Bembridge on Sunday and some from abroad are coming. I think these requirements are trivial, compared to what one has to do for a lot of places, like arranging handling around southern Europe Also there is no evidence anybody even looks at these submissions. They are “file and forget”.

Administrator

Really well captured. Some of my photos of Cornwall and the Scillies are here.

However, coming from Europe, I will not be flying to the UK this year, with all the current addtional paperwork requirements…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 24 Jul 09:18
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Outstanding, I must visit someday!

EHTE, Netherlands

Great pictures! The colors resemble Mediterranean

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

Where was that? I would declare a mayday on that one!

A grass strip in SE of England (Spilstead Fm), not mayday just weather did not look great ahead and decided to land on the way from Bembridge while rain and visibility improves

On mayday, I landed dead engine in EastChurch (nearby ATSU called him after my mayday), while the owner was not happy with a visitor from France neither him or me had much choice , but he did make getting aircraft sorted and flown away a painful experience to everybody…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message