Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Siena Airport LIQS Flight

I hope someone can offer a cheaper alternative.
Beginning of Oct my daughter will be visiting me from the US in Budapest and then she was to fly to Rome and attend a class at Castello di Potentino which is in the valley Monte Amiata. I thought, as I would have in the states to fly her there and make use of the plane. So I checked around and Siena Airport is the only viable one that has a hard surfaced runway about 800 meters or greater unfortunately VFR only. Contacting them was easy and I was given the fees fairly quickly:

Landing fee 3.52
Additional passenger fee 6.50
Departure fee 3.52
Parking fee .14
Passenger 7.04
Total 20.72
Commission 5.95
Garbage 10.00
Standard Handling Lump sum 100.00
Stamp of tax 2.00
Tax 1.31

Total 139.98Euro

For a DA42 comparable wght to a 210
The Avgas is only 2.05/Ltr which is the best bargain.
However I was told there were NO rental cars on the airport and was given 3 car companies to call and see if they do drop off. One told me the drop off charge from Siena was 196Euros without the car price the other 365Euros for 2 days includes a car with everything including insurance and drop off charges.
Are car rental prices really this expensive in Italy?

Anyone with ideas of how to get a cheaper ground transport from the airport?
Not sure Why Im paying Handling charges when Im doing all the legwork.

There is a local flying club but its basically a flight school which I will call next as well but in the meantime someone might have crossed this hurdle before and can give advice.

Thanks in Advance.

KHTO, LHTL

Ask boscomantico, he knows quite some airfields. Does it have to be a hard surface ?

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Yes Hard surface.

KHTO, LHTL

I flew VFR into Siena a couple years ago and don’t remember paying for handling. We took a taxi into town. I don’t remember it being outrageous. So you might take a taxi in and get a rental car there. The quotes you got sound steep.

Tököl LHTL

There is Viterbo (MIL but on request possible), Perugia and Latina – all hard surface.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

For me this is also interesting – need to fly close to the Massa Marittima area. So far I have tried Avioclub Chiusdino Aviosuperficie – ok to land but no infrastructure. Siena seems the best option but parking prices are prohibitive….. if you find anything else let me know. I don’t need hard surface, the Bonnie handles grass very well.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 13 Aug 13:13
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

EuroFlyer wrote:

Siena seems the best option but parking prices are prohibitive…

What price did you get?

Parking, EuroFlyer wrote:

Viterbo (MIL but on request possible),

How would you go about doing that?

KHTO, LHTL

I would call them.

Aerodrome administration authority
Italian Air Force – ‘T. Fabbri’ Aerodrome Command Via Tuscanese 71/H
01100 Viterbo
Switchboard +3907613551
e-mail: [email protected]
ENAC – Direzione Sistema Aeroporti Lazio Aeroporto “Leonardo Da Vinci”
00054 Fiumicino (Roma)
Tel. +39 06 65953139 Fax +39 06 659587708 E-mail: [email protected]
Aerodrome operator
Italian Air Force
ATS authority
Italian Air Force
ARO: Tel +39 0761 3552395
fax +39 0761 3552396 [email protected]

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 14 Aug 12:23
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Hello i flew last year to Sienna and faced same issue. Italy is not friendly to GA !
I Found Roma Urbe LIRU with reasonable landing fee 60€ for 2 days with Mooney 20.
I Rome you will also have good options for car rental.
Have a good flight
Philip

France

Euro flyer thanks for the tip. On questioning them again yes indeed the parking was 50Euro a day.
Now the bill went from 145Euros to 265Euros.

Im not willing to pay that cause I think its a rip off. VFR only airport. No services when you get there other than a services bill.

Shame since everyone was so friendly. Who put that business model together Fraport? RyanAire?

Vitebro military airport has no AVGAS. I can understand why they would not have a rental car counter. But thanks for all the Phone numbers.

Anyone been to Perugia?

KHTO, LHTL
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message