Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skiing near Airport Bolzano LIPB

Many thanks for the info.

I am definitely looking at Alta Badia, for January, starting when some snow appears

Webcam: https://altabadia.panomax.com/la-villa

It does get great reviews.

Is anyone else interested in meeting up there?

Obviously it would be short notice, largely due to airport wx.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I am trying to get the AIP for LIPX but the AENA site is impenetrable… does anyone have the AIP for this airport and also for Brescia LIPO? Many thanks…

Peter,
I know the question is long-resolved, but were you unable to get the plates via autorouter (web or Telegram)? I’ve never had it fail to produce plates for a publicly-accessible airfield.

LSZK, Switzerland

Plates (terminal charts, VFR and IFR) are no problem. It was the AIP text. I didn’t know you could get that via the autorouter.

Administrator

Yep. Just type “plates list ICAO” in Telegram autorouter and it’ll list all the available docs. For LIPX the one you wanted is likely the first “plates doc LIPX 1”.

LSZK, Switzerland

WOW brilliant – thanks! Funny… I was a beta tester for the router, way back, but haven’t been involved for a year or two.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

The issue is that Switzerland and Austria and Italy have blue as the lowest classification, and that can range up to about 45 degrees, which is why it is necessary to ask for opinions.

I think you need to review your sources – I highly doubt you’ll ever find a 45deg slope classified as blue… and again, if you find a blue challenging, what you need is not a specific resort but a week with an instructor. It’s money well-spent, your knees will thank you for it :-).

Yes, get some one on one instruction, you will benefit enormously from it.
The greatest challenge in skiing is that the more tense you are, the more difficult it is (as in life in general) and the quicker you learn the correct techniques the quicker you’ll be able to relax and enjoy it.
For me one of the great things about skiing over snow boarding is that even after 25 years of skiing at least twice per year I still consider myself an improver, whereas I found snow boarding a POP.

Forever learning
EGTB

I’m in Madonna di Campiglio

Funny this… I am looking at this for the Feb trip with Justine, instead of Zermatt. The slopes look much more obviously ski-able for me, and even going for the most expensive everything possible one would still not reach 50% of what Zermatt costs (e.g. 250 quid for 3hrs with an instructor, and that is just the start). Cheap flights to Verona also. Mind you, the airport transfer taxi is €500 return

get some one on one instruction, you will benefit enormously from it.

Sure; did a few days last time.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Mind you, the airport transfer taxi is €500 return

That is solved by getting a rental car

LFPT, LFPN

Except there is a £36 bus which makes car hire pointless. This is also highly relevant to going Bolzano to other places up there… need to investigate these buses. The site is here and it seems to run weekends only. Any car option is crazy-price; I have just had a quote of €800. But that company doesn’t do Bolzano. Did you fly to Bolzano in your C400, @Aviathor?

BTW 11-26 Feb is a school holiday so best avoided.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message