Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Snow landing flip video & helmets discussion

Augmented Reality should make the helmet an economical buy.
No longer need an aircraft, so no fuel, maintenance, hangarage, landing fees, and insurance costs.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

F-16 is old school, what we need is this:

Lots of added benefits like:

Image display, Sensor fusion, day and night camera

Halfway kidding of course, but sensor fusion, night vision and augmented reality right there on the helmet would be a blast. Perhaps, if not the wind in your hair is your thing

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

For ultimate show value, how about an F16 helmet.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’d like to wear a helmet, but the ones I have tried seem like a cheap motorcycle helmet from the 1970s. I hope that technology improves a bit, and that it does not cost 3000 to get one. If we can get more people buying them the cost will come down. Thanks Paul for getting the ball rolling!

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

That helmets looks like it requires a Mustang

P51 with 1HP STC

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

LeSving wrote:

U hopefully mean the one equipped with 4 legs

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

always learning
LO__, Austria

Helmets were required on all ULs here some 15 years ago. Probably from the time ULs were open garden chair things. The requirement stopped about 15 years ago, and is now only required on open aircraft like trikes for instance or a typical (open) gyro. All professional helicopter pilots were helmets AFAIK. In an open aircraft you would want a helmet for comfort/practical reasons also.

Proper seat belts is a much better investment IMO, as Bertorelly suggests. It should be 4 point, preferably 5 point. I often fly an old Army Cub. The army pilots used proper flight helmets, why shouldn’t we? It’s something I think about from time to time. It’s the same with the Safir.

I don’t use sun glasses. I use caps instead. How will this work with a helmet? I would have make some a shade of some kind

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Just “G” will do that. Body organs are attached with connective tissue and that will stretch and break, and blood vessels break similarly. One can withstand a lot of forward G – example – but not downward G (e.g. the AF447 scenario, or an aircraft descending in a deep stall, or under a chute).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message